UAG 2010 NLB : RPC server not avilable Error RRS feed

• Question

• We have created UAG array with 2 UAG 2010 nodes ,and I am tring to configure the NLB .When I try to add the other node from UAG array manger it gives an error "RPC server is not available".I am using windows load balancing manager to configure the NLB.Any suggestion how to fix this issue

Thanks..........

Friday, August 10, 2012 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I do not have enough information to know what might be the problem. You should not use the Windows Load Balancing manager. Use integrated NLB instead. Two thing to make sure...

• After you just enabled NLB navigate to UAG Web Monitor > Array Monitor > Current Status. Make sure that the status of both array-members are at "Converged". If not, select the array-member and start it. This is a procedure you always have to do when you deploy NLB with UAG. You only have to do this once. You can add additional array-members anytime without needing to converge.
    • If the above is (not) working properly. Then navigate to the TMG console > Firewall Policy > Network Objects > Computer Sets, select Managed Server Computers and Remote Management Computers. Check whether your UAG array manager is in there.

I hope this informatin might help. Let me know if you need more information.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:09 PM
  • Its solved now.I have tried to configure UAG NLB using windows network load balancing manager.But its recommened to configure from UAG management console.And start the NLB from UAG Web monitor.And it works fine...

Thanks..

• Marked as answer by Lionel Guevara Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:01 AM

All replies

• Its solved now.I have tried to configure UAG NLB using windows network load balancing manager.But its recommened to configure from UAG management console.And start the NLB from UAG Web monitor.And it works fine...

Thanks..

• Marked as answer by Lionel Guevara Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

I do not have enough information to know what might be the problem. You should not use the Windows Load Balancing manager. Use integrated NLB instead. Two thing to make sure...

• After you just enabled NLB navigate to UAG Web Monitor > Array Monitor > Current Status. Make sure that the status of both array-members are at "Converged". If not, select the array-member and start it. This is a procedure you always have to do when you deploy NLB with UAG. You only have to do this once. You can add additional array-members anytime without needing to converge.
    • If the above is (not) working properly. Then navigate to the TMG console > Firewall Policy > Network Objects > Computer Sets, select Managed Server Computers and Remote Management Computers. Check whether your UAG array manager is in there.

I hope this informatin might help. Let me know if you need more information.

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:09 PM