none
Error when protecting SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

On the SharePoint machine where the protection agent runs change the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\12.0\Secure\ConfigDB

name: dsn

type: REG_SZ 

Please compare if it is correct.
    Edit: <the SQL query sentence is incorrect so I removed it>

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:09 AM
  • Hi Shaon,

I didn't understand your answer, when I go to the registry key, I find the dsn key with value:

Data Source=madrassa;Initial Catalog=SharePoint_Config;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=15

What do I need to change there?

-Mehdi

Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

That's my bad. The SQL query is incorrect which cannot get the DSN as a result. I'll edit my reply soon for avoiding mislead others.

I also checked the key and the result is the same as yours:

Data Source=SQL;Initial Catalog=SharePoint_Config;Integrated Security=True;Enlist=False;Pooling=True;Min Pool Size=0;Max Pool Size=100;Connect Timeout=15

I searched and it could also be caused by a configuration cache. Please refer to this article for clearing the cache, reboot and see the result. 

Clearing the Configuration Cache

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jamesway/archive/2011/05/23/sharepoint-2010-clearing-the-configuration-cache.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2015 7:34 AM
  • Hi Mehdi,

Have you made sure none of the dependent SQL-databases have configured protection in any protection group or is avaible under "Inactive Protection"? I often see this error because a content database have configured protection.

To list all the SharePoint databases and make sure they are not protected by DPM, run the following command on your SharePoint-server:

Get-SPDatabase | Select Name

Monday, March 23, 2015 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

I did clear the configuration cache and it didn't fix the issue.

MarkusEliasson: I had sql databases protected before, but I removed it all from DPM 2 weeks ago (it was removed from Inactive Protection as well). I did run on SharePoint the command: Get-SPDatabase | Select Name , and it listed all my SharePoint Databases... Is there a way to know if there are some that are still cached or flagged as protected by DPM even if it was removed from DPM?

Thank you.

-Mehdi

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 4:14 PM
  • help, anyone?

-Mehdi

Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:54 PM
  • Try repair wmi

Fixed: DPM could not enumerate sql server instances using windows management instrumentation

and start Powershell script

Get-ProtectionGroup yourdpmservername |get-datasource |where-object {$_.type -like "*sharepoint*"} | start-createcatalog

DPM/Sharepoint 2010 Backup Metadata Enumeration Failed

Have a nice day !!! DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points

Monday, March 30, 2015 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer, but after following the instruction, I still have the same issue.

-Mehdi

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:39 AM