skype accouont for internal and external RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

My scenario is, I have a user who has two user account one is "Jeff@internal.com"; another is "Jeff@external.com";

internal.com -> internal account

external.com -> Cloud account in AAD

so is it possible when we login to Skype for business by using external account, we could also see the presence status of skype for business in the Outlook client application. NOTE: Outlook mail account is an internal account NOT a external account?

Hi there, if you found my comment very helpful then please | Propose as answer | . Thanks and Regards.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Will .H,

You can use the same account in Skype for Business and Outlook after you add Skype for Business account in Exchange Admin Center. The steps are as below:

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:03 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot add the same account. because my exchange is internal on premise. so my internal account will be jeff@contoso.com; external account is jeff@litwareinc.com (Cloud account). the mail account of outlook application will be setup as jeff@contoso.com. I hope I could get the final outcome is:

1. I use the internal account : jeff@contoso.com to get any mails

2. I use the external account : jeff@litwareinc.com to login to the Skype for business cloud version.

3. When I run the Office Application and login to the Skype for business, I could use the IM/ Chat function on the Ribbon of outlook application.

Do you have any idea on it?? Thanks for your help ...

WILL

Hi there, if you found my comment very helpful then please | Propose as answer | . Thanks and Regards.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:28 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

I have some confusions.

What is your Exchange environment, hybrid or just on-premises?

Do you have an integrate between Skype for Business and Exchange? If you do integration, you can add Active Directory account in both Exchange and Skype for Business. Then, you can log in Skype for Business client use the same account.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:14 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

The exchange is ON PREMISE, and Skype for Business is Cloud.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:34 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

If you want to log in Skype for Business client with Outlook account, you must do an integration firstly.

For more details about Exchange and Skype for Business Integration, please refer to: http://blog.schertz.name/2015/09/exchange-and-skype-for-business-integration/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:45 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I would like to login to the Skype for business by using Office 365 Account. because we have a internal domain and Office 365 domain. if we have account A, he will have a internal domain account and a office 365 account. so my object will be "A" can internal account to receive the mail from internal Exchange On Premise and when "A" login to the skype for business, I could use the Outlook Application to Chat with someone in the Skype for business.

WILL

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

You have two domain and user have two account separately related to the two domains. So, it means the two accounts with no actual relation, right?

You said that you want to use outlook client to chat with someone in the Skype for Business client.

This confused me. Because we can just communicate within the same products.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Sure, same here. I am also confuse. so I want confirm one thing is if we want to archive the goal whether or not we need to do synchronization from Internal AD to AAD first ?

WILL

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:06 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

Yes, you should do synchronization from internal AD to AAD first. However, if you want to communicate between these two different products, I’m afraid that you can’t realize it.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

thanks for your reminder. my client shows me this scenario. and I found the account is the same person, but the person has two accounts one is internal AD account and another is AAD account. He uses the internal AD account to login to the Exchange On Premise to receive the mail and uses another account to login to the Skype for Business for IM Chatting. When he accesses the Skype for business, you will find extra button for Skype for business will show up on the Ribbon of Outlook client application. On the contrary, when he leaves the Skype for business(Logout), the IM button will be disappear. 

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

This scenario is fun. In my test environment, I didn’t find this button.

Maybe you can share this screenshot with me.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

same here, so I post the scenario in here ... because I would like to know whether or not there is a solution can archive it. but anyway, thanks for your reminder and information in advanced.

WILL

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi Sharon, 

I just think whether or not the exchange on premise and online need to build up the relationship first. the main exchange server is on cloud, and internal exchange is just only for other purpose.?

WILL

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

If you want to extend the feature-rich experience and administrative control, you can do Exchange Server hybrid deployments.

Moreover, a hybrid deployment provides the seamless look and feel of a single Exchange organization between an on-premises Exchange organization and Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365.

For more details about Exchange Hybrid, you can refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/exchange-hybrid

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Hi Will .H,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 5:30 AM