Issue with view in Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Having issues with a user in our organization. When opening a calendar entry in Outlook, she appears to randomly get an "Attached" line that covers up some of the text such as the end times of the meeting. I've tried searching through every view and font related setting but was unable to find a solution. Was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before or knows of a fix. Thanks in advance and let me know if you need additional info.

I have an image of the error, but am unable to link it in the forums due to my account not being verified yet (first time posting here).

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue happen to each Calendar entry when she opens them? I suggest this user to create a new appointment in her Calendar, save it and reopen this entry, confirm if this "Attached" line appears.

We can try the following steps for general troubleshooting:

1. Check any third-party Outlook add-ins: In Outlook, click File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click GO. Uncheck the box next to the third-party add-ins to disable all of them. Restart Outlook and confirm if the issue persists.

2. Try loading Outlook in safe mode: Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type Outlook /safe, press Enter. Open Calendar items in safe mode, confirm if the issue can be fixed.

3. Create a new Outlook profile to narrow down the profile corruption issue: Go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup this problematic account in new profile. Set "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile: Prompt for a profile to be used". Use this new profile and confirm if the issue can be fixed.

If the issue persists, please upload your image in OneDrive and share the link here for more information. Also collect the detailed Outlook version number: Click File > Account > About Outlook.

Please remember to <strong>mark the replies as answers</strong> if they helped. <p></p> <p>If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact <a href="mailto:tnmff@microsoft.com"> tnmff@microsoft.com</a>.</p>

Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:59 AM