control pannel is not woking RRS feed

• Question

• i cant open my control pannel and also the options like 'folder options' are not seeing now...what should i do...?
    Friday, May 3, 2013 12:49 PM

All replies

• To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.
    If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?
    Have you checked in event viewer?
    Also please supply your systems specs, OS, Browser.
    Suggestions for asking for help on a site.

Wanikiya & Dyami -Team-ZigZag. www.ZigZag3143.com

Friday, May 3, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Seems your PC is infected with virus. Kindly make sure the key  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions is set to 0 in registry. You can open start->type regedit.exe and press Enter. Navigate to the hive mentioned and double  click it to set it to 0. Click Ok. Now, you should see Folder Options.

Balaji Kundalam

Friday, May 3, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you run System File Checker and test the issue in Clean Boot.

Also, try the following:

1. Click Start Menu, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Search box.

2. Right-click the exe file and choose "run as administrator".

3. Input the following command in the DOS prompt window and press ENTER:

CD C:\windows\system32

DIR *.CPL > C:\CPL.TXT

4. Please copy the content of C:\CPL.TXT in your reply.

I would like to check if some third party software added some .CPL files which may conflict Control Panel.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:49 AM