none
Automatic Installation Volume License Office 2019 with MDT

Question

• Hello,

i want a automatic installation of Office 2019 deployed with MDT (as application).

With earlier versions of MS Office i did by : setup.exe /config proplus.ww\config.xml

I think this is not possible anymore with Office 2019.

Until now i can deploy office 2019 with the setup.exe and configuration-Office365-x64.xml

My xml-file is:

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" DownloadPath ="http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/ea4a4090-de26-49d7-93c1-91bff9e53fc3">
        <Product ID="ProPlus2019Volume"> PIDKEY="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" >
          <Language ID="MatchOS" />    
        </Product>
      </Add>
      <Updates UpdatePath="http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/ea4a4090-de26-49d7-93c1-91bff9e53fc3" />
    </Configuration>

With this setup, the volume licensing version is downloaded, and installed.

Problem:

After starting an Office Application, office must still be activated with the same key.

Anybody having a (better?) solution for the deploying Office 2019 with mdt?

Anybody having a solution for the activation-problem?

Thx

Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:16 AM

All replies

• Anybody?
    Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:38 AM
  • I used my config.xml to download the files and then went ahead and used 7z SFX builder to build an executable file that ran the command I needed to install Office 2019.  I have yet to run into an issue where it asked for additional activation.
    Friday, October 26, 2018 4:27 PM
  • I used my config.xml to download the files and then went ahead and used 7z SFX builder to build an executable file that ran the command I needed to install Office 2019.  I have yet to run into an issue where it asked for additional activation.

Hi, you can share this script to finetune?

Anybody else who have made an automatic MDT-installaton of Office 2019 Volume Licensing?

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 11:14 AM
  • Here is the contents of the txt file I use in conjunction with the 7zip SFX builder program.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
    InstallPath="%temp%\\Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019"
    GUIMode="2"
    RunProgram="setup.exe /configure Standard.xml"
    ;Config file generated by 7z SFX Builder v2.1. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/s-zipsfxbuilder/)
    ;!@InstallEnd@!
    7zSFXBuilder_7zArchive=C:\temp\Microsoft Office 2019\Professional\Professional.7z
    7zSFXBuilder_SFXName=C:\temp\Microsoft Office 2019\Professional\Microsoft Office 2019 Professional.exe
    7zSFXBuilder_SFXIcon=C:\temp\Microsoft Office 2019\Microsoft Office 2019.ico
    7zSFXBuilder_UseDefMod=7zsd_All
    7zSFXBuilder_UPXCommands=--best --all-methods

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 2:40 PM
  • You have an extra > in the line prior to your Product key.

Should be

<Product ID="ProPlus2019Volume" PIDKEY="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx" >

I found this out by using your config file for my own installation and discovering that the syntax had an issue.

Hope this helps

• Proposed as answer by TBingeman Friday, November 9, 2018 3:49 PM
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 2:27 PM
  • Hi,

this line is already in my configuration.xml

After starting Word , i still have to activate office --> the key is used as in the configuration.xml

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:20 AM