none
User Custom Action not showing up in Sub-Web

Question

• Hi Experts,

on a brand new Tenant the user custom Actions (Ribbon.ListItem.Actions) are not showing up in a list of a Sub-Web.

The Environment is Setup to Classical View through global param on SharePoint-Admin-Center. The custom list is using the Settings from Admin Default experience.

While the custom Actions are working on the Root-Site-Collection-Web, they are not working in the Sub-Web. The same Deployment-Code I used is working on another Tenant, so user custom Actions are working on root and on Sub-Web.

I verified the user custom Action with SharePoint Online Client Browser and can see that all uca are there and well defined.

The Scope of all uca is List. The CommandAction is calling JavaScript-Code, which working very fine on the root.

What could cause such behaviour?

Monday, May 1, 2017 8:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Experts,

I just found it. If you changed the Web-Part-Settings to other than "Show Full Toolbar" you will not see the custom Actions you have attached to that List. That was the only difference I had.

Because I dont' want to Show the Toolbar (New Items will be created through another process), I added a Script-Editor-WebPart to the Page and add a little jQuery-Script to remove the Toolbar.

If you just say .hide(), the Toolbar will come back immediately because SharePoint is running some stuff in the Background.

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        $("table[id*='Hero-WPQ']").remove();
    });
    </script> 

Now my User Custom Actions are back and working fine.

This is a really strange Kind of Interface architecture. Why are UCA related to a Toolbar-Setting of a List?

Nevertheless, I found my own answer and this might be helpful to others.

With Kind regards, Ronny

Monday, May 1, 2017 5:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Experts,

I just found it. If you changed the Web-Part-Settings to other than "Show Full Toolbar" you will not see the custom Actions you have attached to that List. That was the only difference I had.

Because I dont' want to Show the Toolbar (New Items will be created through another process), I added a Script-Editor-WebPart to the Page and add a little jQuery-Script to remove the Toolbar.

If you just say .hide(), the Toolbar will come back immediately because SharePoint is running some stuff in the Background.

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        $("table[id*='Hero-WPQ']").remove();
    });
    </script> 

Now my User Custom Actions are back and working fine.

This is a really strange Kind of Interface architecture. Why are UCA related to a Toolbar-Setting of a List?

Nevertheless, I found my own answer and this might be helpful to others.

With Kind regards, Ronny

Monday, May 1, 2017 5:34 PM
  • Hi Ronny,

Thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:07 AM