Installing Report service role RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Recently i installed SCCM 2012 R2 - the DB located on remote server

the SQL server also using now as a report server for SCOM 2012

when i tried to install repoert server role on sccm site server ( primary server ) i cannot find reporting server instance at the drop menu

if i install the role on the sql server it's installed but when going to component status i fount it with critical stauts

advise please

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:57 PM

Answers

• The Reporting server role is always installed on the server with SRSS installed and running.  That is why you don't see it as available when you select the Site Server (as you mentioned it was a remote SQL box).

As for the critical status we would need to see the logs in question.  Sometimes it's as simple as having a look.  The critical status occurs when it detects 1 or more errors within 24 hours, and during installation many errors can occur (that are sometimes harmless like "unable to find existing installation of x, proceeding").  In most cases the error logs in SCCM are rather robust; if there is an actual problem it usually tells you exactly what you need to do to resolve it.

So can you show use the sms_srs_reportingpoint log under monitoring --> system status -> component status?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:49 PM

All replies

• Have you set up a dedicated instance?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:15 PM
  • The Reporting server role is always installed on the server with SRSS installed and running.  That is why you don't see it as available when you select the Site Server (as you mentioned it was a remote SQL box).

As for the critical status we would need to see the logs in question.  Sometimes it's as simple as having a look.  The critical status occurs when it detects 1 or more errors within 24 hours, and during installation many errors can occur (that are sometimes harmless like "unable to find existing installation of x, proceeding").  In most cases the error logs in SCCM are rather robust; if there is an actual problem it usually tells you exactly what you need to do to resolve it.

So can you show use the sms_srs_reportingpoint log under monitoring --> system status -> component status?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:49 PM
  • Hi

No

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Severity,Type,Site code,Date / Time,System,Component,Message ID,Description
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 4:16:42 PM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 3:16:42 PM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 2:16:41 PM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 1:16:40 PM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 12:15:43 PM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 11:15:41 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 10:15:32 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 9:15:32 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 8:14:35 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 7:13:46 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 6:12:30 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 5:11:32 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Information,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 4:11:10 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,4609,Component Status Summarizer set the status of component "SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT", running on computer "sqlserver.domain.com", to Critical.    Possible cause: The component is experiencing a problem.  Solution: Diagnose and fix the problem by:  1. Examining the status messages that the component reports.  2. Correcting the problem.  3. Instructing Component Status Summarizer to reset the counts of Error, Warning, and/or Informational status messages reported by the component. To reset the counts, right-click Reset Counts on the component in the Component Status summary in the Configuration Manager Console. When the counts are reset, Component Status Summarizer will change the status of the component to OK. This might take some time if site "PR1" is a child site.  4. Delete any unwanted status messages from the site database, if necessary.  5. Monitor the component occasionally to verify that the problem does not reoccur.    Possible cause: The component is OK and you were unnecessarily alerted because the Component Status Thresholds are set too low for the component.  Solution: Increase the Component Status Thresholds for the component using the Thresholds tab of the Component Status Summarizer Properties dialog box in the Configuration Manager Console.    Possible cause: The component is flooding the status system by rapidly reporting the same message repeatedly.  Solution: Diagnose and control the flood of status messages by:  1. Verifying that the component is actually flooding the status system. View the status messages reported by the component and verify that the same message is continually reported every several minutes or seconds.  2. Noting the Message ID of the flooded status message.  3. Creating a Status Filter Rule for site "PR1" that instructs Status Manager to discard the flooded status message when component "SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT" on computer "sqlserver.domain.com" reports it.   4. Verifying that your sites' databases were not filled up by the flooded status message.  Delete any duplicate
    Information,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 4:11:10 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,4605,Component Status Summarizer detected that component "SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT", running on computer "sqlserver.domain.com", has reported 5 or more Error status messages during the Component Status Threshold Period.    Possible cause: The count equals or exceeds the Component Status Critical Threshold (5 status messages) for Error status messages for the component.  Solution: Component Status Summarizer will set the component's status to Critical in the Component Status summary in the Configuration Manager Console.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 4:10:35 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 3:10:09 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 2:10:09 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Error,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 1:10:08 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,7403,The report server service is not running on Reporting Service Point server "sqlserver.domain.com"; start the service to enable reporting.
    Information,Milestone,PR1,4/30/2014 12:10:42 AM,sqlserver.domain.com,SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT,4610,Component Status Summarizer set the status of component "SMS_SRS_REPORTING_POINT" running on computer "sqlserver.domain.com" to Warning. 

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:23 PM
  • If I remember right, it is NOT support to share SSRS with SCOM. You will need your own instance.

http://www.enhansoft.com/

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:46 PM
  • i have another SQL server

i have added new site server with report service role installed on the other SQL server

but still when i select reports from monitr  i cannot find any reports

also when try to create new report got error message  " at least one category reports must be exist ......"

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:37 PM
  • Did you configure SSRS on that server? Have you browse to the SSRS site to ensure that it works before adding the report point role?

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:42 PM
  • it's working now

i tried to run report ( computers with specifc software installed ) - and select value ( all systems ) , then wwhen select product value : found only ( all ) ther's no product value available

i go to cleint settings policy >HW Inventory >set classes > & slect  installed excutable ..... and installed software .....

then try to run the same report but  now i can see the product value is dimmed

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:47 PM
  • it's working now

i tried to run report ( computers with specifc software installed ) - and select value ( all systems ) , then wwhen select product value : found only ( all ) ther's no product value available

i go to cleint settings policy >HW Inventory >set classes > & slect  installed excutable ..... and installed software .....

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:48 PM
  • it's working now

Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:48 PM
  • I assume you mean Computers with a specific application installed.

Try looking at Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs

Thursday, May 1, 2014 2:47 PM
  • when i tried to search Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs

it ask about software title filter ( the value button dimmed , i cannot select anything ) and the collections also dimmed

Sunday, May 4, 2014 8:54 AM
  • when i tried to search Computers with specific software registered in Add Remove Programs

it ask about software title filter ( the value button dimmed , i cannot select anything ) and the collections also dimmed

Confirmed that you have enabled Hardware inventory.

Sunday, May 4, 2014 5:44 PM