none
cannot publish web service with "mrsdeploy" package RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed R Server and configured Operationalization in a single machine configuration (compute and web node on the same box).  Using the configuration utility, I've run status checks and confirmed that everything is up and running.

I am not able to publish a web service with mrsdeploy when following the documentation & vignette examples.  I can confirm that I am authenticating and using the REMOTE> command line, and that I am able to execute other remote R code in the remote session.  I am also loading the mrsdeploy library again in the remote session prior to publishing the service.

I decided to use the example posted on MSDN here, as it uses no external data, models or other resources...which should keep things nice and clean:  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-r/mrsdeploy/mrsdeploy-websrv-vignette#publish-service

Example code from MSDN:

api <- publishService( "addition", code = "result <- x + y", inputs = list(x = "numeric", y = "numeric"), outputs = list(result = "numeric"), v = "v1.0.0", alias = "add" )

When running this code,  I get the following error:

Error in curl::curl_fetch_memory(uri, handle = h) : 
      URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL

I've not been able to find anything that might suggest what the issue is.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sunday, January 22, 2017 10:20 PM

All replies

• The “publish service” has to be done from the client machine. Are you still on the Remote Session (Prompt says “REMOTE>”). You can use “pause” to come back to the local session, and try the publish service.

The authentication default is to transition you into the REMOTE> session but if your intention is to just publish a service and do no remoting then please be aware of the session = FALSE argument during login.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:28 AM