An unexpected error has occurred. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can sue this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have migrated SP2013 farm to SP2016.
    Everything went well except some customised web parts. When I click on ex "Create customer" which is a customised webpart I get the error message:

An unexpected error has occurred. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can sue this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings.
    I have already deleted and readded the webparts, edited the web.config with different solutions which I found on the Internet but I just got more problems.

Have you please any idea about this issue and how to solve it?

Regards
    Ashraf

Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashraf ,

To troubleshoot the issue, check things below:

1.Make sure you're right upgrade web parts from SP 2013 to SP 2016.

Refer to the article below:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/172168/upgrading-web-parts-from-sp-2013-to-sp-2016

2.Check performance point service health

Remove performance point service application connection to a Web application and check if the site collection opens normally.

Refer to the article below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/SharePoint/administration/add-or-remove-a-service-application-connection-to-a-web-application

3.Check the information about the error associated with this in uls log.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, July 5, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your input.
    First suggestion: Do I really need to install Microsoft Office Developer Tools Preview for Visual Studio 2015.?

Before I migrated/updated SP2013 to SP2016 I walked through a MS giude and even others experinces and no one talked about to intsall above to be able to get webparts working.

Second suggestion: I have deleted and installed PerformancePoint and reconnected it but still have the same problem.

Third suggestion: In ULS I found nothing interesting without the following:

1- Failed to insert scopeId:xxxxxxxx into the scope map
    2- user key is not en encoded claim.
    3- Error=object reference not set to an instance of an object

One again, thank you for your answer

Regards
    Ashraf

Friday, July 5, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Hi Ashraf,

Judging from the error information, it still seems to revolve around the issue of permissions.

Have you changed your password recently?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hi Itch,

No, I have n't. I use the farm admin account and it has the same password since SP was installed.

Regards
    Ashraf

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:27 AM
  • Hi Ashraf,

This seems like a very strange situation, I suggest you re-migrate custom web part and then add them again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:48 AM