none
"Move" Username/folders or "Find Target..." RRS feed

• Question

• I want to have my folders such as My Documents, Downloads, etc stored on a separate data partition to the OS, like many people do.  When you go to the properties of the (original) folder and click on the Location tab, what is the difference between using the Move button and the Find Target button?  Is one recommended to achieve this over the other?

I haven't seemed to find the answer after some time searching, and didn't want to do anything irreversible.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:43 PM

Answers

• Matt

It’s perfectly safe to use ‘Move’ to move the Documents folder to a different location. Navigate to the folder, then right-click it > Properties > Location Tab > Move, select a Destination and follow the prompts. The location can be restored by choosing Restore Default.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:25 PM

All replies

• Matt

It’s perfectly safe to use ‘Move’ to move the Documents folder to a different location. Navigate to the folder, then right-click it > Properties > Location Tab > Move, select a Destination and follow the prompts. The location can be restored by choosing Restore Default.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Yes, it's perfectly safe...

What use is intended for the option "Find Target"

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by georgenada Wednesday, December 21, 2016 2:26 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by georgenada Wednesday, December 21, 2016 2:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by georgenada Wednesday, December 21, 2016 2:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by georgenada Wednesday, December 21, 2016 2:44 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 3:04 PM
  • It allows you to change the type of file that the specific Folder is targeting. So you can have the "videos" Folder instead 'Target' music files, instead of the default file types it has been initially configured to find.  Those folders found under "c:/user/(YOUR_USER)/ " are not storage locations. They are, for lack of better terms, 'preconfigured shortcuts' for file types, that the system looks for automatically- and groups... 
    • Proposed as answer by georgenada Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:03 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:03 AM