Windows7 explorer stops working since last updates ( two weeks ) RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 7.  When enlarging photos downloaded from the web, the INTERNET  EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING window appears.  Likewise when I go back to get the next photo.  Also, when I designate a folder for the photos to go to, the second photo always defaults back to MY PICTURES.  Any Ideas?  Glyn
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Glyn,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

I noticed that this issue is mainly due to downloading pictures stopped. Does this issue occur while downloading other files and from other websites? Please try to reset Internet Explorer to the default settings and see if the issue is resolved.

To set Internet Explorer settings

=================================

1.Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

3.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

4.Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

5.Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data

6.In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

7.When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

8.Close Internet Explorer.

If the issue persists, please run System Restore to the previous time before installing Windows updates.

Best Regards.

Dale Qiao

Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:43 AM