none
DPM 2010 transfers all sql database data all the time insted for changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Is there a fix to make this working because my primary dpm transfer all data all the time. We have sql server and one database is 20 GB large. It's transfers all example 04.00 AM and after that its transfers only changes. I think that it should get only changes all the time but no. That happens only with this database.

Hope that someone can help with this???

Monday, October 29, 2012 10:06 AM

Answers

• That is because of Index and it's usually starting at 04.00 AM. We had same problem and after turning this off we was able to transffer only changes. Find a way to have that enabled because indexes can locate information within a database very fast. An INDEX makes a catalog of rows of a database table as row can be pointed within a fraction of time with a minimum effort so its very good to have this on.
    • Proposed as answer by Nedim Mehic Monday, November 19, 2012 1:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by kaktak Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:00 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Kaktak,

I'd suggest, as a first step, removing the database from the protection group and re-adding it (existing backups will be preserved). There could be a couple of reasons why this might not be operating as expected - one example might be if the recovery model has changed.

What OS is the SQL Server running?Cheers,

Matt

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Hi Matt,

OS is Win server 2008 R2. Its like this. Everyday at 4.00 am it moving all data to backup server. After that i get only changes. I check i sql server and there is not third-party backup. Dont know really why this happens. I will try with re-adding it to group.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Kaktak, what time is your protection group's express full/recovery point schedule set to? And what is the SQL database's Recovery Model set to?
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Hi KaKtak,

You should verify with your DBA administrator that you don't have any SQL maintenance job like "Rebuild or Reoganize index" that is running prior to 4.00 AM.

You could verify the size of index of your database by using this SQL command:

sp_spaceused databasename

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:05 PM
  • Hej thank u on replay. I check i sql server and i see that transaction log is 16 GB and that is that what i get 4.00 AM everyday i guess because every morning i get 16 gb transffered.  Is there any way to fix this so that i get only changes
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 12:40 PM
  • Hi Kaktak,

As told by Matt, what time is your protection group's express full/recovery point schedule set to? And what is the SQL database's Recovery Model set to ?

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi, After disabling Index we could be able to get only changes. Thank you all on your help. 
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:02 AM