How to scan network for incompatible Windows 10 hardware and software. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I've got a network of computers running a mix of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. From a central location, I'd like to scan all of them and be presented with a list of any software or hardware that is incompatible with Windows 10.

Is there a way for me to do this?

Thanks!

Friday, November 17, 2017 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would apology for misunderstanding the article I referred.

The Upgrade readiness tool combined with SCCM and Azure AD no matter the GUI or script. The commercialIDvalue is a also related with SCCM.

Now there is not a tool could gather all compatibility information on multiple computers and generate a report to reflect them.

As a workaround, we need to use upgrade assistant tool which could be download from Windows 10 ISO ”Download tool now“ option. Then run the tool separately in each computer, it will check the hardware and software, then show a detail report about compatibility.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Casey_T Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:18 PM
    • Edited by Joy-Qiao Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before upgrade to Windows 10, we could use Upgrade Readiness to check the compatibility issue on existing computers.

If you prefer to perform this compatibility checking on multiple computers, we could combine with SCCM and Azure Services. If prefer a script, please run and deploy upgrade readiness script as following.

1.Download the Upgrade Readiness deployment script
    2.Extract the zip file
    3.Edit .\ UpgradeAnalytics092816\Deployment\RunConfig.bat file
    4.Change the following values :
    LogPath : Where you want the logs to be saved
    CommercialIDValue : Enter your commercial key
    Logmode : 1

Save the script, deploy it to your Windows 7 or 8 computers.

For more information, please see HOW TO CONFIGURE THE SCCM UPGRADE READINESS CONNECTOR

NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Monday, November 20, 2017 8:59 AM
    • Edited by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:59 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 8:59 AM
  • Hi Joy, I tried the Upgrade Readiness deployment script but I'm unsure of what to put for CommercialIDValue. I tried leaving it Unknown, as well as putting in my Windows license key, but with either of those the log shows it is expecting a GUID.

I am not in possession of SCCM and Azure. I wonder if it is expecting a GUID from them, in which case I would be unable to provide.

Monday, November 20, 2017 9:21 PM
  • Hi,

I would apology for misunderstanding the article I referred.

The Upgrade readiness tool combined with SCCM and Azure AD no matter the GUI or script. The commercialIDvalue is a also related with SCCM.

Now there is not a tool could gather all compatibility information on multiple computers and generate a report to reflect them.

As a workaround, we need to use upgrade assistant tool which could be download from Windows 10 ISO ”Download tool now“ option. Then run the tool separately in each computer, it will check the hardware and software, then show a detail report about compatibility.

Bests,

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Casey_T Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:18 PM
    • Edited by Joy-Qiao Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:40 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:55 AM