RRAS and multiple roles/protocols. IKEv2/L2TP/SSTP/PPTP and DA at the same time, in the same box? RRS feed

• Question

• In the short term, my Win2012 proposed server will have an internal/private address, NATedbehind a firewall, but as my infrastructure gets better, in the future i´ll have the option to expose the Win2012R2 RRAS/VPN/DA Server using a public address, and maybe including DA with valid IPv6 address.

It´s possible to host on the same Win2012R2, all VPN protocols at the same time?

May I install a RRAS Server using all possible remote access protocols at the same time?

For example, to build a VPN Server allowing IKEv2/SSTP/L2TP, PPTP AND Direct Access at the same time?

Thursday, March 31, 2016 2:26 AM

Answers

• Hi KayZerSoze,

>For example, to build a VPN Server allowing IKEv2/SSTP/L2TP, PPTP AND Direct Access at the same time?

Based on my understanding, you want to know if we can use one RRAS server to allow IKEv2/SSTP/L2TP, PPTP AND Direct Access at the same time. For example, computer1 use PPTP to connect to the RRAS sever, computer2 use L2TP to connect, computer3 use SSTP to connect, etc.

If my understanding is correct, then it could, we may do that.

Here is a simple test environment with one computer use PPTP and another use L2TP:

However, when we deploy L2TP and SSTP, we need to ensure the related certificates are install correctly. If you meet specific issues when deploying L2TP and SSTP or DA, you may open case with the specific issue at that time. And NAP forum will be more suitable for this topic:

NAP forum link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverNAP

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 6:25 AM