none
local domain creation RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i need local domain creation to my local area network to my for example my ip address is 10.0.0.1 means my client machine search in web browser http//:10.0.0.1/dgp access my files how to create this domain.

• Edited by D GOPAL DGP Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:37 PM typing mestack
    Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:36 PM

Answers

• You didn't indicate whether you wanted just an DNS domain or both DNS and an Active Directory domain.  And technically, since your example states you want to access by IP address, you do not need either.  But if you want to browse internal web sites by name, which is what I think you are driving at, then you will need at least a DNS domain but I suggest what you also do is create and AD domain, and in the process of doing so the AD installation wizard will ask if you want to create an AD-integrated DNS zone - tell it yes to that.  See this site for further details, it is designed for beginners, on how to create a domain: Windows Server 2012: Set Up your first Domain Controller (step-by-step)

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Todd, more details you described,more we can help you.What is your office or company size?What OS are you using?And according your description,you need to share files and folders in your domain,Please check this for your reference:

12 Steps to NTFS Shared Folders in Windows Server 2012

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/keithmayer/2012/10/21/12-steps-to-ntfs-shared-folders-in-windows-server-2012/

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Thursday, October 6, 2016 11:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Monday, October 10, 2016 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:11 AM

All replies

• You didn't indicate whether you wanted just an DNS domain or both DNS and an Active Directory domain.  And technically, since your example states you want to access by IP address, you do not need either.  But if you want to browse internal web sites by name, which is what I think you are driving at, then you will need at least a DNS domain but I suggest what you also do is create and AD domain, and in the process of doing so the AD installation wizard will ask if you want to create an AD-integrated DNS zone - tell it yes to that.  See this site for further details, it is designed for beginners, on how to create a domain: Windows Server 2012: Set Up your first Domain Controller (step-by-step)

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

Agree with Todd, more details you described,more we can help you.What is your office or company size?What OS are you using?And according your description,you need to share files and folders in your domain,Please check this for your reference:

12 Steps to NTFS Shared Folders in Windows Server 2012

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/keithmayer/2012/10/21/12-steps-to-ntfs-shared-folders-in-windows-server-2012/

Best Regards,
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Thursday, October 6, 2016 11:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo HanModerator Monday, October 10, 2016 5:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
    Cartman

Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:38 AM