Publishing pivot table on sharepoint 2007 via excel web part RRS feed

• Question

• I wonder if you can offer any assistance, from what I have read what I am trying to do should be possible.

I have published an excel workbook to a document library in sharepoint 2007. This library has been added as a trusted library by the sharepoint admins. I am able to view the excel spreadsheet in an excel web part. However, once I insert a pivot table / pivot chart, upon clicking publish -> excel services options 'all workbook' -> save I get the error message 'unable to load workbook cannot be opened it may be in an unsupported file format or may be corrupt'.

I was told by my sharpoint support team that you cannot publish a workbook with a pivot table that contains filters, or groupings however I am unable to view the sheet even with an unconfigured pivot table.

Thanks for any advice that you can provide.

Diane   

Friday, May 20, 2011 1:29 PM

Answers

• Take a look at the limitations of Excel Services http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms496823(v=office.12).aspx. As stated there, for some limitations (for example PivotTables report with multiple consolidation ranges) the workbook will not load.

What do you mean by unconfigured pivot table? The 'by default' look with nothing selected and nothing shown? 

Florin DUCA
    MCITP Enterprise Admin, MCSE 2003 +Sec, MCITP/MCPD SP 2010, MCTS conf/dev WSS3/MOSS, MCPD ASP.Net 3.5, MCTS ISA 2006
    Logica Business Consulting, France

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:37 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 1:39 PM

All replies

• Take a look at the limitations of Excel Services http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms496823(v=office.12).aspx. As stated there, for some limitations (for example PivotTables report with multiple consolidation ranges) the workbook will not load.

What do you mean by unconfigured pivot table? The 'by default' look with nothing selected and nothing shown? 

Florin DUCA
    MCITP Enterprise Admin, MCSE 2003 +Sec, MCITP/MCPD SP 2010, MCTS conf/dev WSS3/MOSS, MCPD ASP.Net 3.5, MCTS ISA 2006
    Logica Business Consulting, France

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, May 26, 2011 1:37 AM
    Friday, May 20, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Hi Florin,

Thank you very much for replying. Yes, the default look with nothing selected and nothing yet shown.

Thanks,

Diane

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:23 PM