Outlook 2016 sync problem on Inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have strange problem on Outlook 2016, sometimes while I have new emails in the Inbox , when Outlook doing send/receive it shows completed without downloading new Emails, facts are:

- no error showing , situation is like when no new Email is received , while I see new Emails in webmail

- this error happens sometimes, even when I change connection, for example from wired to wifi , immediately all new emails downloads to the inbox

- issue is only for inbox , for example  if through Webmail I move new Emails that are in INBOX to another IMAP folder, by doing send/receive that folder will update and I see moved emails in the new folder, if if emails are unread and I move to another folder, it comes on outlook same folder as unread , problem is only for inbox

-sometimes by restarting outlooks problem removes, sometimes by restating windows, sometimes by changing connection, I didn't find a constant and fixed solution for that!

- I have Kaspersky antivirus and windows is 10 , machine is Surface Pro 2

thank you in advance

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using IMAP account?

This issue is normally related with root folder path of your IMAP account. Please refer to the steps below.

1. Go to File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings

2. Double click on your IMAP account.

3. Click More Options.

4. Under Tab: Advanced, type “Inbox” as Root folder path.

5. Click OK and then restart Outlook.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 2:08 AM
  • Hi

I don't think this can be source of problem, because even when I change WiFI network problem removes, for example just now I did send/receive several times and it shows completed without error and without downloading emails to inbox, I just changed network and connect to another WIFI , ( I have two WIFI in the office with two different ISP ) immediately after connecting to new WIFI , all new Emails came to INBOX , even without restarting Outlook, so problem is something on connectivity , but why it doesn't report an error?

also with same network that I have problem, it is not all the times, sometimes it is ok, so I confused where I find the problem source!

thank you

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the suggestion above?

Besides, we could create a new profile to test if same issue occurs.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, July 30, 2018 6:36 AM
    Thursday, July 26, 2018 1:34 AM