none
Parser Error: Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="PAS.Global RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the ProClarity 6.3 and most recent hotfix, we get the error below while trying to open the PAS url:

Server Error in '/PAS' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The content in the application file is not valid.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <!--Copyright � 1999-2005 ProClarity Corporation. All rights reserved.  U.S. Patent No 6,167,396. Foreign patents pending.-->
    Line 2:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="PAS.Global" %>

Source File: /PAS/global.asax Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

All we have done to solve it is renaming or deleting the Global.asax file under PAS webdiretory and the things looks work fine....

Does anyone have some idea what's going on here?

Best Regards,

Friday, September 5, 2008 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

I've done some research on your post and am still scratching my head.  You really shouldn't be seeing ASP.NET error messages when trying to use PAS - an ASP application.  I would try separating out all of your applications into different application pools in IIS, and repairing and hot fixing .NET.

-Joey

Monday, September 8, 2008 11:15 PM
  • Hi Alex,

You might take a look at the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320268

I don't believe this is a PAS problem, but something within the .NET Framework.  You might also play around with your PAS virtual directory settings; does this error occur when using .NET 1.1 or .NET 2.0 (located on the ASP.NET tab within the vd props)?

Regards,

Amanda

Monday, September 8, 2008 11:21 PM