Windows Server File & iSCSI Services 2016 and 1709 Plus RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday i installed this new MP in test, version 10.0.0.0 and today i checked the discovered objects.

To my surprise i also see windows 2012 file servers in the stateviews, and since i also have the 2012 R2 managementpack i wonder if i should remove that pack now.

In the new pack documentation i cannot find information over supported versions, or how to upgrade.

The number of file servers in the 2012 pack and 2016 pack differ a lot so i don't know what to do now, the old pack seems to find a lot more fileservers than the 2016 pack, but when i compare the missing servers i see domain controllers and other servers in the old view so maybe the old pack discovered servers as fileservers while they have not a fileserver role but only a share.

Please advise...

Ronald

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Ronald,

I downloaded the MP and import it in my lab.
    I didn't see a clear description with the windows server 2012 support, but the file service itself has a lot of identical parts in windows server 2012 and windows server 2016.
    This part should be monitored same.

Only some of the changes/add features are only available in windows server 2016 with the new MP.

Did you do some custom settings with your original 2012 file server MP? So it found more.

Best regards,

Yuxiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:21 AM
  • No i did not add customization to the older pack, just using it as it comes.

Is it possible you ask the development team to clarify and update theire documentation?

Ronald

Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Hi Ronald,

Sorry, I don't have this channel either.

I suggest you submit this to UserVoice for SCOM:
    https://systemcenterom.uservoice.com/forums/293064-general-operations-manager-feedback

Best regards,

Yuxiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 14, 2018 8:14 AM