AppV 5.0 SP2 HF4 - Apps dissapear and are not longer published RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having an issue when installing HF4 on a client. After installing the HF4 (incl. reboot) all the AppV's dissapear and aren't published anymore in the startmenu.

Anyone els having this issue? The serverside is already installed with HotFix4. Forcing a Sync doesn't help, Sync-AppvPublishingServer

When I browse to the Publishing server URL: http://SERVERNAME:8081 I see all AppV's in (XML format). So I do have the rights and I can see them. But for some reason after installing the hotfix....they aren't visible?

When I remove only the hotfix and reboot the machine, all AppV's are in the startmenu again?

APPV: Version 5.0 SP2 + HF4

There are no errors in the Eventvwr.......

Help!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:06 AM

Answers

• It seems GPO related and I found it looks like this is the cause.
    I changed the Execution Policy from “Allow all scripts” to “Allow local scripts and remote signed scripts” and it seems to work.

So it seems something is changed in HF4. Waiting response from MS Premier Support.

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Is the Publishing Server still configured, are all the settings still intact?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Yes, the servers seems okay. I'm searching with Microsoft Premier Support for a solution. It seems related to local access rights, but even that isn't 100% sure.

I will keep the updated. 
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 7:55 PM
  • Hello,

I was more interested in the client settings...

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:01 PM
  • The clients settings are okay and bieng pushed by a GPO. 
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:32 PM
  • Hi Pedro,

Known Issues with Hotfix Package 4 for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2

After uninstalling Hotfix Package 4 for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2 packages stop working

Packages published when Hotfix Package 4 for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2 is applied stop working when Hotfix Package 4 for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2 is removed.

WORKAROUND:

If the following folder exists, then you must delete it:

%localappdata% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS \ <package ID> for each package that was published.

noteNote
    You must have elevated privileges to delete this folder.

To use a script, for each user account on the computer and for each package id that was published after installing Hotfix Package 4 for Application Virtualization 5.0 SP2:

Rd /s /q “%systemdrive%\users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS\[Package ID]          

• The shortcuts will remain with the user sessions even after deleting the folder from the directory in the previous section, so you can click on the shortcut to run the application again. There is no need to re-publish the application.
    • This issue happens for both user published packaged and globally published packages for example, Microsoft Office 2013. The folder must be deleted for both types of packages.
    • You do not need to delete the VFS folder in the Roaming app data (%appdata%). Only the %localappdata% must be deleted.

Link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn508411.aspx

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:54 AM
  • It seems GPO related and I found it looks like this is the cause.
    I changed the Execution Policy from “Allow all scripts” to “Allow local scripts and remote signed scripts” and it seems to work.

So it seems something is changed in HF4. Waiting response from MS Premier Support.

Monday, May 26, 2014 12:52 PM