none
PWA 2010, delegations disappear suddenly RRS feed

• Question

• In my PWA 2010 instanse (SP2) i have a lot of delegations for many users (hundreds delegations  in DB).

Sometimes one of resource managers lost his delegations fo 2 workers. I can't find, why. The remaining resource managers and their delegations stay in place. This manager and his engineers (they are all 3 work recources in Project) stay actived in Active Directory - so I can't blame this synchronization with AD. PWA users are always active, too, and the users stay in their groups. In this case all 3 users stay active and can login into PWA

The PWA'delegates is not overdated, it's seem like somebody delete it. Most strange is that issue occured 4 times in quarter of the year only with 1 recource manager.  Sometimes this happened before with other people, but always this was unactive PWA users after wrong AD sync.  .

PWA administrator is only me. This recource manager and nobody else can't manage delegations.

Please help council me - I don't know what else to see! 

Friday, July 10, 2015 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi

so you checked the db table holding the delegations and they are lost there, too?

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Friday, July 10, 2015 12:21 PM
  • Thanks for your council.

Today this happend again with that manager. I look into MSP_RESOURCE_DELEGATIONS in Published DB

/****** Script for SelectTopNRows command from SSMS  ******/

SELECT TOP 1000 [DELEGATION_UID]
          ,[RES_UID]
          ,[DELEGATE_UID]
          ,[DELEGATION_START]
          ,[DELEGATION_FINISH]
      FROM [ProjectServer_Published_RSPRO].[dbo].[MSP_RESOURCE_DELEGATIONS]
      where DELEGATE_UID = '1b7459a4-3c2b-45ad-811f-9fcbb9bc9a46'

/*1b7459a4-3c2b-45ad-811f-9fcbb9bc9a46 is the resource UID from the Recource Center.*/

And I see nothing. There are a lot of other delegations, I cheked this on other resources. 

Of cource, in the holydays between my 1st post and today was no works in PWA. In Friday I check the option "Disable the AD syncronization for this user" for all of them in the User Management, and I gave a custom global settiongs for this Manager "Can run as delegate " in a special group. So he must have a rights, and them must not depend from status "ACTIVE" in AD account. 

All 3 people says they don't change a AD password and didn't blocked in AD at least 3 weeks 

Dont know.. 

Monday, July 13, 2015 9:33 AM