should we expect windows 7 patches in January? RRS feed

• Question

• should we expect windows 7 patches in January?

or last patches were published in December 2019?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• The specific end of support day for Windows 7 was January 14, 2020. Technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC are no longer available for the product.

Refer this for more info,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-ended-on-january-14-2020

Thursday, January 16, 2020 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

The latest security updates and monthly rollups for Windows 7 SP1:

After January 14, 2020, if your PC is running Windows 7 and you have not purchased Extended Security Updates, the computer will no longer receive security updates. 

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, January 17, 2020 2:59 PM
    Thursday, January 16, 2020 6:44 AM
  • sure, I am well aware about January 14 2020.

The question was about LAST patches.

Were December's patches the LAST for Windows 7?

I am asking because my WSUS server that serves major part of Network (servers and workstations) for some reason not showing any January patches for OSes (I got Office patches) with successful sync with Microsoft.

And another WSUS that serves Server OSes and few Windows10 only, got 2012, 2016, 2019 Server patches release Jan 14.

So I can consider that if there is a problem on the WSUS that not received any OS patches and serves park of Windows 7, patches of Jan14 for Windows 7 could be available.

And YES I read earlier on some tech blog that last patches for Windows 7 will be issued on Jan 14 2020.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Friday, January 17, 2020 3:01 PM
    Friday, January 17, 2020 1:30 PM
  • Yic,

this is the answer I expected. Thanks.

Now I have to find out why on well synchronized WSUS I don't see any OS patches.

I will create a new thread for this.

And for now can import W7 patches following your answer.

Friday, January 17, 2020 3:01 PM
  • and of course we have Extended Security Updates cover... just next month I will have to connect to our upstream server instead of MS.

Friday, January 17, 2020 3:07 PM