Visual Studio 2017 not listed in Products and Classification window on WSUS 6 (Windows 2012 R2) RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed and configured WSUS version 6 on Windows 2012 R2 server. While configuring, on Products and Classification window of the WSUS console, I observed that Visual Studio 2017 is not listed. In fact it supports until VS 2013 only, nothing beyond this is listed. Is there a way I can get this product listed on WSUS? If WSUS is no longer supporting, how do I keep VS 2017 updated with security patches (with less manual effort)? 

Found a similar query - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b0077da1-90e8-449a-b137-eb9a8468c60b/updates-on-wsus-for-vs-2015?forum=winserverwsus but there was no solution to this.

Help is highly appreciated.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You may select SCCM to achieve this. Or you can create a script to bulk update VS 2017.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Friday, September 1, 2017 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 2:08 AM
  • This really isn't an answer.  I have an secure environment and WSUS is the only allowed method of getting updates for MS products.  The machines using VS do not have internet access and will not.  Do I have to manually download all the updates and then manually install them?  
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 4:13 PM