OSD issues - think it might be site boundaries RRS feed

• Question

• Im having issues with OSD which keeps reporting that

This task sequence cannot be run because the program files for LA200021 cannot be located on a distribution point. For more information, please contact your system administrator or helpdesk operator.

Ive done some searching & all seems to link back to Site boundaries issue.

Ive got my site boundarys setup as AD sites. Would it be better for me to define site on subnet or IP range as unknown computers which im trying to deploy to will ne be defined by an AD site as they are not in AD yet?

If subnets is the way to go how do I define my subnet as each subnet has several IP ranges?
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you confirmed that package LA200021 actually is present on the DP?
    What kind of package is it? (OS, bootimage or application)

Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:45 PM
  • Im trying to do a capture & build & LA200021 is a driver package. package is distributed to my site DP & I know the drivers are good as the boot image is using the Nic & mass storage drivers.

im getting this in SMSts.log from the machine. http://www.chiners.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Files/smsts.log

Found 0 DPs in subnet, 0 DPs in local site, 0 DPs in remote location and 0 Multicast DPs OSDDriverClient 20/01/2010 16:17:05 1572 (0x0624)

ive searched & people have said recreate the driver package, which ive done several times & others have said its related to the site boundaries

Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:15 PM
  • Ok, then it might very well be because of boundaries. AD sites should work great, so no need to redo that.

Can this be your problem?: http://blogs.technet.com/configmgrteam/archive/2009/12/21/known-issue-supernets-in-active-directory-sites-used-as-site-boundaries.aspx
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:42 PM
  • ok, ive recreated the Driver pack once more & it seems to be working now..

my only errors in smsts.log now are

Windows setup failed, code 31

Failed to run the action: Setup windows and ConfigMgr. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows)

The execution of the group (Build the Reference Machine) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed. Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)

Failed to run the last action: Setup windows and ConfigMgr. Execution of task sequence failed. Unspecified error (Error: 80004005; Source: Windows)
    Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005

Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 1:53 PM
  • remove the drivers package from the equation/task sequence and try again

My step by step SCCM Guides
    I'm on Twitter
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:52 PM
  • Sorted it.
      Im doing a capture & build & on the capture & build you dont need a product key. I removed my product key & its now working. :) 

I found out from reading this.
    http://verbalprocessor.com/2008/02/27/build-and-capture-task-sequence-failure/
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:54 PM