none
NPS + Ruckus ZD + Server 2016 not working

Pregunta

• Hi guys, how are you? Last 5 days i've been testing a new radius connection for our wi-fi. I have an Active Directory/NPS @ Cloud and a Zone Director on my local office. The problem is when it comes to authentication.

After everything set up, when i try to put my username and password into the network configured with the RADIUS auth, it doesnt work. It justs fails to authenticate and returns me to the username and password screen. If i type a wrong password or an inexistent user on my active directory, the log informs me that, or even when i try to connect without the right auth modes, it shows me everything. Only when it supposes to work, it doesnt show me nothing. I've created the certificate on the machine on the cert authority and requested one to the radius connection, but no good. Im trying to connect with a brand new pc, with absolutely nothing installed on it, not even the certificate ( dunno if this is necessary tho ).

Can someone show me some light here? If i saw something @ log events, it was easier to troubleshoot, but with no info it gets a pain in the heart.

Thanks in advance 

martes, 10 de abril de 2018 16:38

Todas las respuestas

• Hi guys, how are you? Last 5 days i've been testing a new radius connection for our wi-fi. I have an Active Directory/NPS @ Cloud and a Zone Director on my local office. The problem is when it comes to authentication.

After everything set up, when i try to put my username and password into the network configured with the RADIUS auth, it doesnt work. It justs fails to authenticate and returns me to the username and password screen. If i type a wrong password or an inexistent user on my active directory, the log informs me that, or even when i try to connect without the right auth modes, it shows me everything. Only when it supposes to work, it doesnt show me nothing. I've created the certificate on the machine on the cert authority and requested one to the radius connection, but no good. Im trying to connect with a brand new pc, with absolutely nothing installed on it, not even the certificate ( dunno if this is necessary tho ).

Can someone show me some light here? If i saw something @ log events, it was easier to troubleshoot, but with no info it gets a pain in the heart.

Thanks in advance 

martes, 10 de abril de 2018 19:20
  • Hi,

Thanks for your question.

To have a better understanding, please help me to collect more information about this issue.

1)Is that Zone Director the APs’ Wifi controller?

2)Did it return the information that the authentication rejected while you typed right username and password?

3)And, I was a little confused about this sentence << or even when i try to connect without the right auth modes, it shows me everything.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

miércoles, 11 de abril de 2018 6:55
  • Hi Michael, how are you?

1) Yes, the Zone Director is the  AP wifi controller

2) When i type a wrong password for an real user, or type a user that doesnt exist into my AD, it shows me the error why the NPS rejected the connection. When i type a correct login/password it doesnt show me nothing. The wi-fi connection just ask me to type the login/password again

3)When i try to connect with another auth modes, the logs show me why i cant connect. Only when everything is supposed to work with the config that ruckus ( zone director fab ) provided, it doesnt.

Thanks for your help

miércoles, 11 de abril de 2018 13:06
  • Hi,

Sorry for my delay.

Based on this situation, the issue may caused by NPS network policy and connection request policy configured when performing authentication with the right user was rejected. Please check the NPS policy and its priority.

If the issue persists after trials, I'd like to recommand that you may capture and monitor the network authentication packets with tool netwrkmonitor or wiresharks for resolution.

Reference for Microsoft Network Monitor,

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=4865

In addition, I have little information about Zone Director. I suggst you could also ask someone who encountered the same issue as yours in Zone Director Official forum.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

martes, 17 de abril de 2018 14:56
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

lunes, 23 de abril de 2018 12:42
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael

jueves, 26 de abril de 2018 12:45