none
cannot find IE11 (itself) in Microsoft Catalog for importing to wsus

Pregunta

• Hi,

2 years ago I added Update Rollups and added IE11 for for deployment.

Sometimes I check this node for identifying the machines where IE11 installation failed (machines brought from other networks).

I found that Update Rollups node disappeared in one of my WSUSs even it is checked in Products and Classification.

So I unchecked it in Prod and Class and it reappeared.

The problem:

I cannot find IE11 itself in MS Catalog when perform search by "Internet Explorer 11".

I see 25 items but they are Feature Packs (Languages) and Security Updates (Cummulative updates).

Please help with finding IE11 itself.

Thanks.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

martes, 12 de junio de 2018 18:39

Respuestas

• https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2841134%20for%20Windows%207

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

• Marcado como respuesta pob579 jueves, 14 de junio de 2018 13:12
    martes, 12 de junio de 2018 22:05
  • Hi pob579,

We can find IE11 through the link DonPick provided above. Also, we can directly Download Internet Explorer 11 from website based on your prefered language and the operating system you are running.

Following is the link to directly download Internet Explorer 11:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me if there is any question.

Best regards,
    Li Jianjie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018 5:56

Todas las respuestas

• https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=2841134%20for%20Windows%207

• Marcado como respuesta pob579 jueves, 14 de junio de 2018 13:12
    martes, 12 de junio de 2018 22:05
  • Hi pob579,

We can find IE11 through the link DonPick provided above. Also, we can directly Download Internet Explorer 11 from website based on your prefered language and the operating system you are running.

Following is the link to directly download Internet Explorer 11:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18520/download-internet-explorer-11-offline-installer

Hope this helps and feel free to contact me if there is any question.

Best regards,
    Li Jianjie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018 5:56
  • followed a tip of Don.

Found, imported got green success...

Now when checking Rollup Updates node there are no IE11. Did sync. OK.

but no appearance. Did search shows approved for install.

I didn't approve them yet. Like mentioned in first post. It was there approved.

then the node disappeared. I added it and see bunch of Rollups but no one that I really need to see.

Any suggestion...

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018 18:56
  • umm, so maybe the underlying problem is this;
    >>> I found that Update Rollups node disappeared in one of my WSUSs even it is checked in Products and Classification.

this is only happening on one single WSUS ?

check the event logs and WSUS logs to see if there are severe errors being recorded, maybe there could be some upstream or downstream relationship configured or some 3rd party configuration connected to this WSUS causing it to get instruction from an unexpected source?

or maybe this WSUS is simply sick, maybe database issues occurring ?

miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018 21:46
  • mentioned 2 WSUSes because both were cleaned up with Adam's scripts that is way beyond the Cleanup Wizard for cleaning purposes. Both servers are independent (connected straight to MS) and serving different segments.

On one that serves multiple replicas Rollups node had no issue.

So I will check logs and will try to manipulate with recreating Rollup node and reimporting IE11.

Thanks Don for follow up...

jueves, 14 de junio de 2018 11:54
  • my BAD... WSUS is just PERFECT :)

when added node Rollups after disappearance it was in Approval: Unapproved view...

And IE11 definitely was in Approved...

Thanks Don for pointing to the right way to find IE11 in catalog

jueves, 14 de junio de 2018 13:12