none
GPO Folder Redirection for only a specific group of Computers via a User Configuration policy

Pregunta

• I want to apply a GPO making use of a User Configuration that does Folder Redirection for all user folders such as My Docuuments & Downloads to the D:\ instead of the C:\   

I'm assuming to get this gpo User Configuration applied I have to supply a user group & computer group to Security Filtering with a WMI filter.

I've got all the 'old' computers that are still in use (these are dell's & hp's) in a group called Old Computers, and all the new computers (all lenovo's) I'm setting up now in a group called New Computers.  I've got all my AD users to test this out with in a group.

I created a new GPO, added the New Computers group, and added the test users group, then went to Delegation, Advanced & unchecked to apply the policy to Authenticated Users, as I also don't want this applied to everyone in the domain,   ...and I don't want it applied to my own computer that is a lenovo

and now I have a WMI filter in place for this GPO 

SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Manufacturer LIKE "%Lenovo%"

Am I doing this the correct/most effective way, it feels like I'm over complicating things?

This is all at one AD site.

Thanks for any help!

miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018 20:56

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

all the new computers (all lenovo's) I'm setting up now in a group called New Computers.

...and I don't want it applied to my own computer that is a lenovo

May I ask whether you need apply the GPO to all Levovo machines exclude your own one? If yes, I would suggest you remove your own one from New Computer Group instead of using WMI Filter.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 3:03
  • I created a new GPO, added the New Computers group, and added the test users group, then went to Delegation, Advanced & unchecked to apply the policy to Authenticated Users, as I also don't want this applied to everyone in the domain,   ...and I don't want it applied to my own computer that is a lenovo

SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Manufacturer LIKE "%Lenovo%"

Remove the WMI filter and remove Authenticated Users completely on the delegation tab. Since MS26-072, the computer needs read access for user GPOs. So if you add your NewComputers Group to the delegation tab with read access and remove authusers, only users logging on to computers in the NewComputers Group will receive the GPO.

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 9:17
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

domingo, 20 de mayo de 2018 3:40