none
SCOM 1801 - linux agents

Pregunta

• hello,

Im trying to install agents on linux following this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/deploy-linux-agent-install?view=sc-om-1801

When I try to find the installers the following path is empty:

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center\Operations Manager\Server\AgentManagement\UnixAgents\DownloadedKits

Has anyone knows why? I have SCOM 1801

Thanks in advance

Regards

• Editado exitista miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2018 20:33
    miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2018 20:33

Todas las respuestas

• Are the Linux management packs imported in your environment?
    miércoles, 09 de mayo de 2018 20:58
  • From my experience, you should import related linux/unix MP first. Moreover, you may find linux agent in SCOM sourc CD
    Roger
    jueves, 10 de mayo de 2018 1:09
  • Go to import MP in SCOM console and import Linux related MPs. Choose ones that corespond to your distribution. Supported are https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/plan-supported-crossplat-os?view=sc-om-1801 

You can find detailed explanation here. It is for 2012 but it works. 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2012/03/18/deploying-unixlinux-agents-using-opsmgr-2012/ 

IgyMO

jueves, 10 de mayo de 2018 7:41
  • Hello! Thanks for reply!

Yes, I have already imported the following linux MPs

The following path is empty!!! %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center 2016\Operations Manager\Server\AgentManagement\UnixAgents\

any ideas????

Thanks in advance

viernes, 11 de mayo de 2018 13:23
  • So, here how it works :

Each of these MP has a "CopyAgentKit rule" (for example the RHEL 5 one) that is responsible for copying the unix agent to the downloadedkit folder

They all use the same Write Action and run every 24h.

Try restarting the Health Service (Microsoft Monitoring Agent) on every SCOM Management Server, that will force the execution of the rule responsible for creating the DownloadedKit folder.

If it still doesn't work, you have another issue... maybe your action account (which is used to copy the agent to the downloadedkit folder) is not local admin on the management server (which is very bad for many reasons!), or maybe you improperly configured the Certificate Signing Write Action, or something else.

viernes, 11 de mayo de 2018 21:49
  • Hello!! Thanks for reply!

I tired restarting Health Service but doesnt work! DownloadedKit folder was not created

My action account is local admin on managemenet server! 

any other idea?

Thanks in advance

Regards

martes, 15 de mayo de 2018 17:31
  • Anything in the OperationsManager log on the management server about failed linux rules around the time of health service restart?
    martes, 15 de mayo de 2018 18:05
  • Hi!! Thanks for reply!! 

I restarted again the service and check OpsMgr log in eventvwr but i didnt see any error!

Any other idea?

thanks in advance

martes, 15 de mayo de 2018 19:08
  • You can check if the agents are available under the Operations Manager\Server\Health Service State\Resources folder, this is the agent cache and this is the location from where they should get copied to the DownloadedKit folder (search for .rpm or .gz files).

If that's not the case and if it was for me and that I was really sure there is no log at all pointing me in some direction, I would probably try a SCOM trace but that's a heavy procedure...

But for someone I don't know I would probably stick with "double check everyhing, every log, every account permission etc" :D

• Editado CyrAz miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018 6:22
    miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018 6:17
  • I have done a search on C: partition but i didnt find anything! 

Any other ideas?

Can i try deleting MPs and importing again?

Thanks in advance

Regards

miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018 14:19
  • Yes you could do that obviously, but I can't see how that would help...

miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2018 15:42
  • You were right! It doesnt worked deleting and importing MPs again.

Any other idea?

Thanks

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 17:53
  • well the idea of trying a SCOM trace is still relevant, if you can't find anything else.
    viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 5:48
  • ok, i will use SCOM trace. How can i force "CopyAgentKit rule" to see if generates an error?

I searched the name of that rule but doesnt exist

Thanks in advance

Regards

• Editado exitista viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 19:39
    viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 19:36
  • you could have found the actual name by clicking on the link, it's called "Distribute Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 Agent to Management Servers" (id : Microsoft.Linux.RHEL.5.CopyAgentKits.Rule )

• Editado CyrAz sábado, 19 de mayo de 2018 2:14
    sábado, 19 de mayo de 2018 2:13