none
NPS Interoperability

Pregunta

• Hi All,

We're going to implement NPS on 3 different sites, each sites has different AD forest.

What we're trying to achive is that, example we have SiteA, SiteB, and SiteC. What we would like to happen is that when user from SiteA connect in SiteB network, SiteA user will still contact SiteA NPS Server and receive NPS Policy base on SiteA NPS Server, same behaviour on other sites. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Ken

miércoles, 21 de marzo de 2018 3:40

Respuestas

• Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

Based on my experience, you may try the following methods to implement the procedure.

1.Configure the NPS in site A as a Radius Client of Radius server on site B.

Please refer to the following article and implement the procedure.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nps/nps-radius-clients-configure

2.You may deploy the RADIUS Proxy for site A.

When you deploy Network Policy Server (NPS) as a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) proxy, NPS receives connection requests from RADIUS clients, such as network access servers or other RADIUS proxies, and then forwards these connection requests to servers running NPS or other RADIUS servers.

Please refer to the link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nps/nps-plan-proxy

Hope above information can help you. I look forward hearing from your good news.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,  

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marcado como respuesta spideynok domingo, 01 de abril de 2018 23:43
    jueves, 22 de marzo de 2018 10:26

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

Based on my experience, you may try the following methods to implement the procedure.

1.Configure the NPS in site A as a Radius Client of Radius server on site B.

Please refer to the following article and implement the procedure.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nps/nps-radius-clients-configure

2.You may deploy the RADIUS Proxy for site A.

When you deploy Network Policy Server (NPS) as a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) proxy, NPS receives connection requests from RADIUS clients, such as network access servers or other RADIUS proxies, and then forwards these connection requests to servers running NPS or other RADIUS servers.

Please refer to the link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/technologies/nps/nps-plan-proxy

Hope above information can help you. I look forward hearing from your good news.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,  

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marcado como respuesta spideynok domingo, 01 de abril de 2018 23:43
    jueves, 22 de marzo de 2018 10:26
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for that very informative reply.

The difference of Option 1 and 2 was that Option 1 doesn't need RADIUS Proxy right?

Just to clarify, if user from Site A connect to Site B network, the user will contact Site B RADIUS Server then Site B RADIUS Server will forward the request to Site A RADIUS Server and the user will receive Policy from Site A RADIUS Server?

Thanks!

Ken

viernes, 23 de marzo de 2018 1:00
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Yes! The option 1 doesn't need Radius Proxy. They are two solutions you could choose.

And for the second point, Yes! Site B Radius server will forward the request to site A Radius server, and the user will receive A Radius policy.

Highly appreciate your successive effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Wish you have a wonderful weekend!

Best regards,

Michael

viernes, 23 de marzo de 2018 8:46
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

lunes, 26 de marzo de 2018 9:37
  • Hi,

Thank you Michael for the verification, we're going to deploy this setup and Option 2 is what the solution we've came up, and just confirming if that will work. I think Option 1 which you were given will be also considered. 

Thanks a lot again!

Ken

domingo, 01 de abril de 2018 23:45
  • Hi Ken,

I am pleased to know that the information is helpful to you. Thanks for sharing in the forum as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. 

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

lunes, 02 de abril de 2018 2:07