none
create a SCOM Group based on Explicit Memebers and Rules

Pregunta

• Hello I have a group of Productions Servers for a Team  "ASP Production Servers" that I have created in SCOM.

Now the team want to set up an disk alert (email) on all of these servers but for the non o/s drive.

I thought I could set up a new group "ASP Production Servers non o/s" and add these servers as explicit Members and the create a rule "( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Device Name Does not contain c: ) AND True ) "

But this gives me of our servers volumes but not C.

Can I create a rule based on the original group  "ASP Production Servers" and use this query "( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Device Name Does not contain c: ) AND True ) "  ?

Thanks

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 23:22

Todas las respuestas

• You may consider using "contained" key word in your group membership
    For detail on how to use this keyword, pls. refer to
    SCOM: Advanced Group Population Formula Development (GroupCalc) for the XML Impaired
    http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scom-advanced-group-population-formula-development-groupcalc-for-the-xml-impaired/
    How to create a group of objects, that are CONTAINED by some other group
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2010/09/09/how-to-create-a-group-of-objects-that-are-contained-by-some-other-group/
    Roger
    viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 2:32
  • Hi Goce, 

You can do this by doing these below steps:-

• Create a group of only disk that contains non os drive take help from here
    • Now create subscription for their mail ids.
    • Finally create subscriber for this and add group and monitor into it.

Let me know if you still have concern.

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 4:42
  • I will give it a go later today/tomorrow. I have a lot happening right now :) 
    lunes, 21 de mayo de 2018 0:46
  • Sure!

lunes, 21 de mayo de 2018 3:40
  • I will give it a go later today/tomorrow. I have a lot happening right now :) 

Hi,

were you able to try the suggestion out? Appreciate the feedback!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

miércoles, 23 de mayo de 2018 9:50
    Moderador
  • Hi Stoyan / Gourav

I finally had some time to get back to this (so many other things keep coming up)

I went to this page and had a look.   

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6636bf08-f89b-4a26-8b6d-940891175754/diskspace-monitor-alerted-on-multiple-objects-instead-of-1?forum=operationsmanagerauthoring

The servers in question are 2008/2012/2016.

So I have a main group that contains all the servers in it  “Servers ASP Production Servers”

1.I went and created a new MP “Servers-ASP-Production-Server-Non-OS”

2.I created a group “Servers ASP Production Servers Non O/S drives”

I added the servers here as explicit members and added the following rule “( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Display Name Matches regular expression c: ) AND True )”

Then I went to Windows 2012 Logical Disk Free Space Monitor and went to Overrides > disable  the monitor > for a group >  Servers ASP Production Servers Non O/S drives.

Then I went back to Monitoring and created a view  based on

Windows server 2012 Logical disk based on group Server ASP Production Servers Non O/S

Select conditions with  Show all state with a Critical or Warning health or Healthy state .  But it shows me the C drive

miércoles, 23 de mayo de 2018 23:45
  • Hi Goce,

<<<Select conditions with  Show all state with a Critical or Warning health or Healthy state .  But it shows me the C drive>>>

This because you have given the same query in group

( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Display Name Matches regular expression c: ) AND True )”

You are looking for except from C: drive so in this case the query below like below:-

( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Display Name Does not Matches regular expression c: ) AND True )”

jueves, 24 de mayo de 2018 5:18
  • Hi Goce,

I have got this for you, i thought this will help you luckily he also elaborated for E: drive :D

Have a look,

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/jonathanalmquist/2009/04/08/exclude-drive-from-logical-disk-free-space-monitoring-part-1/

jueves, 24 de mayo de 2018 7:03
  • Hi Gourav,

First off thanks for helping me out with this issue. I really appreate it.  It is crazy busy at work and I will be out of the office most of the week.
    I will try out that link you sent me later today (if time permits).

I tried this what you said

( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Display Name Does not Matches regular expression C: ) AND True )”

And it is showing me all the servers except for C: . so I will have a look at the web site .

• Editado Goce_D domingo, 27 de mayo de 2018 22:50 more info
    domingo, 27 de mayo de 2018 22:47
  • As per your group dynamic rule setting
    "( Object is Logical Disk (Server) AND ( Display Name Does not Matches regular expression C: ) AND True )”
    This group member will contains all servers non-OS logical disk which will include ASP Production Servers and NON ASP Production Servers logical disk. If you want this group membership only contains ALL ASP Production Servers non-OS logical disk, you should uses "contained" keyword in your dynmaic group membership.
    Roger
    lunes, 28 de mayo de 2018 2:59
  • Hi System Center Guy,

I cant cause in this Group I have explicate servers in this group.  But I will look at the web page in the above links . 

lunes, 28 de mayo de 2018 4:27
  • How you are doing it ?

Could you please share the steps :)

lunes, 28 de mayo de 2018 4:43
  • Just a quick update.  I will not be able to look at this until Monday .  but then I will hopefully b 100% into this issue :) 
    miércoles, 30 de mayo de 2018 20:58
  • Hey there,

I know it has been a while since this hasn't been followed up, but we would realy appreciate your feedback on this one. Were you able to resolve it, can you please mark the answer, which helped your on your way to resolution.

A Big thnaks in avdance for that!

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

hace 17 horas 37 minutos
    Moderador
  • Sorry, I will try this out and get back .

hace 4 horas 58 minutos
  • I am using the object is a logical disk (server) and display name doe snot eaual C:;  which returns all servers logical disk which are not labeled as C: .

Then I saw a object is "Operations manager Management Server Computer Group.  Can I use that to access the Group "ALL ASD Production Servers" ??

hace 4 horas 42 minutos
  • I did find a way around the issue (but not pretty).

as i have manually added the server . It works but what i really wanted to do was to query an existing SCOM group

hace 3 horas 49 minutos