none
Unattended Installation without create a new user

Pregunta

• I use to install Windows 7 using an unattended file that the end of the installation create a new local user. After we implemented LAPS to manage the password of the local account they decided instead of create a new user rename the built-in Administrator Account.

I would i would like to understand if it will be possible to create an unattended file without create a new user at the end of the installation but only to activate the renamed administrator Account..

Tanks fort the Help

GIO

jueves, 31 de mayo de 2018 10:14

Todas las respuestas

• Hi GIO,

Yes, that's possible you can skip the user account setup screen in OOBE and activate the built-in Administrator account. However, I am not sure if you can activate the re-named administrator account.

Generally, you should use the WSIM in the WAIK to create your answer file.  The above was just meant as a guide of what to enter when using the WSIM. Under the component "Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup", dig down to UserAccounts>LocalAccounts>LocalAccount, right-click and add then use the info above to fill in the entry for DisplayName, Group, etc, like,

<UserAccounts>
                     <LocalAccounts>
                         <LocalAccount wcm:action="add">
                             <DisplayName>Administrator</DisplayName>
                             <Group>Administrators</Group>
                             <Name>Administrator</Name>
                             <Description>Built-in account for administering the computer/domain</Description>
                         </LocalAccount>
                     </LocalAccounts>
                 </UserAccounts>

Please note both the SkipMachineOOBE and SkipUserOOBE settings are deprecated, don't use them. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

viernes, 1 de junio de 2018 7:35
    Moderador
  • You mean that if in the OOBE phase instead of adding a specific new user i add the builtin administrator account, that already exist but is disabled, this enable the administrator account without asking to create a new account?
    martes, 5 de junio de 2018 21:20
  • Yes.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

viernes, 8 de junio de 2018 6:54
    Moderador