none
ERROR: Advanced Client , Message ID: 10803 RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi All.

I need they Help.

I try send a Screen Saver to an collection with 500 clients Win Xp Sp2 & Sp3, but i obtain this Error.

Severity:        Error
    Message Id:    10803
    Source: SMS   Client
    Component:    Advanced Client
    Description:    The client failed to download policy. The data transfer service returned "Error downloading data." (-2147024891).

The clients have no Firewall turn on.

Can give me ideas to determine the solution to this error , Please.

Regards.

• Cambiado Atilla ArrudaModerator viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2009 13:27 (De:¿Dónde está el foro para…?. LAS PREGUNTAS TÉCNICAS NO SERÁN CONTESTADAS AQUÍ.)
    jueves, 10 de diciembre de 2009 22:45

Respuestas

• Hello Manuel,

How are you? I hope you are doing fine! :)

Searching in Product Studio turns up that the 10803 is most often tied to a problem with BITS. I am almost sure there is a problem with the BITS service. Please go ahead and repair or remove BITS, then perform a repair on the Advanced Client. By the way, if this is an issue with BITS you may want to check out the DataTransferService.log file as well to see if there are more errors in that log.

Please let me know if this information was helpful for you or if you have any doubts regarding what I said, and I will be glad to clarify anything for you!

Kind Regards,
    Átilla Arruda - Microsoft Corporation
    viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2009 13:27
    Moderador

Todas las respuestas

• Hello Manuel,

How are you? I hope you are doing fine! :)

Searching in Product Studio turns up that the 10803 is most often tied to a problem with BITS. I am almost sure there is a problem with the BITS service. Please go ahead and repair or remove BITS, then perform a repair on the Advanced Client. By the way, if this is an issue with BITS you may want to check out the DataTransferService.log file as well to see if there are more errors in that log.

Please let me know if this information was helpful for you or if you have any doubts regarding what I said, and I will be glad to clarify anything for you!

Kind Regards,
    Átilla Arruda - Microsoft Corporation
    viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2009 13:27
    Moderador
  • Hello Atilla.

Thank you for help me.

supposed that the problem was on there, thanks for strengthen.

I tried repair Bits service with BITS REPAIR TOOL but this just for VISTA.

Also try using sfc / scannow to repair dlls, but neither was successful.

before I could fix this error, but I had to reformat the computer.

you know any way to repair bits for XP?

Thank you again!!

MValera.
    viernes, 11 de diciembre de 2009 18:36
  • Hi Atilla,

I too am seeing this error for a lot of my distribution servers. would it be an error on the sending server or the branch DP?
    We are having alot of packages sit on "pending" the only way to get them working seems to be to manually copy the files and then run the branch mantenance task.
    This seems to happen for some packages to some DPs, no consistency as other packages deploy to those DPs and the pack will deploy to other DP's

Regards,
    Jared

miércoles, 19 de mayo de 2010 8:51