none
Active Directory errors after a lost connection. RRS feed

• Debate general

• Hello.

First I'll explain the scenario.

I have two office connected by VPN with the routers.

In main office, there is the Domain Controller, and in both offices I have workstations.

I have detected that when the VPN tunnel connection is lost, then after en secondary office some workstations have problems when start session on windows Active directory domain. And if I need to add another workstation to Active Directory, is like not present.

Is I try ping, nslookup.... it works. The only DNS server is the DC.

The solution that I found is reboot the DC server. And it works.

Then mi question is. It is possible that some "something" in DC be locked for the lost connection?

Some times, some workstation have a very slowly init session process when.

Maybe the best solution is deeply a secondary DC at secondary office, but while the boss let me spend money in that solution I'd like you help me to see what can I do, better than a server reboot.

Thank you!

lunes, 8 de febrero de 2021 15:04

Todas las respuestas

• /// Favor que el admin mueva esta pregunta al foro en ingles ///

[Ignacio Barrios] MPN-MCT: 2010, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, MCSA-MCSE: Window Server 2012 R2, Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V System Center, MCSA-MCSE: Windows Server 2016 & Azure Administrator

martes, 9 de febrero de 2021 1:07
  • Hello pacoerg

Thank you for raising your query on the TechNet forums. Please find below the link where you can ask your question:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum

We also thank you very much for using the TechNet forums.

Miguel Mosquera

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the answers that have solved your problem, it is a common way of acknowledging those who have helped, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the solution later. 

Microsoft offers this service free of charge, with the aim of helping users and expanding the database of knowledge related to Microsoft products and technologies.  

This content is provided "as is" and does not imply any responsibility on the part of Microsoft.
    martes, 9 de febrero de 2021 23:45
    Moderador