none
NAP - One site unable to connect to RADIUS Wifi

Pregunta

• Hello,

We have a Windows RADIUS Server and multiple sites that connect using VPN tunnels.  At one site we are unable to connect to the RADIUS SSID.  I've verified in the Windows 2012 Radius log that connections are getting the status 11 (access challenge) then 1 (access request) but at this problem site they never get 2 (access granted). 

We've attempted to restart the server. 

We also have found that if you drive to one location and connect the the RADIUS SSID there, then drive back to the problem location you will be able to connect, until you reboot (which destroys the security token?).  The RADIUS server is set to authenticate using Secure Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) then Protected EAP (PEAP) finally Smart Card or Other certificate.

Verified that the RADIUS client addresses at problem site have not changed.

Any help or ideas that you may have are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris B

jueves, 24 de mayo de 2018 17:09

Respuestas

• I ended up building a second NPS server at the site having issues.  This allows that site to authenticate properly.  Thanks for looking in to on my behalf.
    • Marcado como respuesta VCCB miércoles, 6 de junio de 2018 17:44
    miércoles, 6 de junio de 2018 17:44

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Thank you for your question.
    I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

lunes, 28 de mayo de 2018 11:16
  • I ended up building a second NPS server at the site having issues.  This allows that site to authenticate properly.  Thanks for looking in to on my behalf.
    • Marcado como respuesta VCCB miércoles, 6 de junio de 2018 17:44
    miércoles, 6 de junio de 2018 17:44