none
Cant change the password complexity policy in local security policy

Pregunta

• hello 

I am trying to change the password complexity policy settings in local security policy but the options i.e Enable/Disable are not highlighting  even I tried in Group policy but the "Edit" option is not getting highlight when I select my domain and I am not able to login in my administrative account even my password is correct.

Please help  me

• Editado iGeek01 martes, 05 de junio de 2018 16:02
    martes, 05 de junio de 2018 16:01

Todas las respuestas

• Hello,

Thanks for your post.

> I am trying to change the password complexity policy settings in local security policy but the options i.e Enable/Disable are not highlighting  even I tried in Group policy but the "Edit" option is not getting highlight

According to my knowledge, it is a by designed behavior because your computer has joined a domain. We should modify the password complexity policy settings in a domain-wide GPO.

>  I select my domain and I am not able to login in my administrative account even my password is correct.

There are a lot of causes related to unable to login. So could you please tell me that if there are any error messages displayed when you are unable to login.

In addition, I would suggest you verify the following things:

1. Whether the Administrator Account which you used to login is disabled ?
    2. Whether the connection between the computer and Domain Controller works fine ?

We could refer to the following link for more information about cannot log into admin account:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/cant-log-into-my-admin-account/752967cf-e0d5-43e8-87fe-ea01523cacc4

Hope above information can help you. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

miércoles, 06 de junio de 2018 9:45
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunes, 11 de junio de 2018 1:57
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Kallen Wang

jueves, 14 de junio de 2018 9:23