none
Is Start-SCOMAgentMaintenanceMode disabled in 1801?

Pregunta

• Hello

We updated SCOM 2016ur3 to SCOM 1801 until now everything works as expected except starting maintenance from an agent. When the ‘Start-SCOMAgentMaintenanceMode’ cmdlet is run from PowerShell it seems to work but the server never comes into maintenance in SCOM. The registry key was created just fine but the event 2222 never appeared in the eventviewer.

Then I noticed the rule ‘Agent Initiated Maintenance Mode Rule’  was disabled by default after the upgrade.  

So I made an overwrite to enable it. When we now run the cmdlet on an agent the event 2222 is created but not the follow-up event 1215 doesn’t show up.

So I started troubleshooting the rule configuration. And as far as I could tell, the “Data sources” runs just fine but the “responses” fail.

When running the parts of the response code on the management server everything seems to work, but again the event id 2223 does not appear on the management server.

We use SCOM in a multi-domain environment so this is a much used feature in our company for engineers who don’t have the rights in the domain where our SCOM management server resides.

So my question, is do you guys know why the rule was disabled in SCOM1801?

And is this a known issue with the new version, if so is there a work around?

• Editado Kevin vdg viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 6:52 title more clearly
    jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 7:51

Todas las respuestas

• Bookmarking it!

And as per my suggestion if you can check all the command related to maintenance mode in powershell then compare them to 2012 version and if all the cmdlets are found it means we could say it will work. 

Here is the screenshot of my 2012 R2 :-

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2018 11:12
  • Hello,

The maintenance that isn't working anymore is initiated from the client side with the command Start-SCOMAgentMaintenanceMode and isn't on the Management servers available. It is still available on the agents.

For completeness a screenshot of the commands on my management server, but they haven't changed since 2016 as far as I know. But with these we don't have issues.

viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 6:50
  • As we could see there are more cmdlets as compare to 2012 R2 in 2016 but no not sure that we can use 'Start-SCOMAgentMaintenanceMode’ in 2016. Since it is not reflecting on your outcome but point is its also neither reflect in 2012 nor 2016 as well. So i thought it will work lets Digg into the script which you are using just post the code please.  

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 7:12
  • Hi Gourav,

You can only use Start-SCOMAgentMaintenanceMode on an agent.
    This will not show up if you do a get-command on a server.

What you are checking are the cmdlets on the management servers.

This is the cmdlet that has issues: https://systemcentertipps.wordpress.com/2017/05/17/scom-2016-agent-maintenance-mode/ 

Regards
    Kevin

viernes, 18 de mayo de 2018 8:55