none
Error 553 mailbox xxx@xxx.com is restricted (mode: normal) (State 14)

Frage

• Hi,

Have been having this issue for a couple mailboxes on Exchange Server 2010.

History:

We moved mailboxes from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 without any issues. 1 mailbox
    that was created recently on Exchange 2003 and then moved over to Exchange 2010
    has this issue.

Issue:

Mailbox can send out email just fine. Mailbox can receive all INTERNAL emails just fine.
    However, ALL EXTERNAL email from other domains won't get delivered. The outside
    send get an NDR with 553 error above.

Tried:

1. Double checked all settings.

2. Created a Brand New mailbox on Exchange 2010 and tested. Outbound OK, INBOUND ... same
    issue. Other mailboxes’ seem to be having NO issues.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

• Bearbeitet ForPCD Montag, 19. März 2012 22:35
    Montag, 19. März 2012 22:34

Alle Antworten

• I haven't seen that error on Exchange 2010. Where does external email enter the Exchange org at the moment? On Exchange 2003 or 2010?

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.

Montag, 19. März 2012 22:43
  • I am not sure. I did not configure either of these exchange servers myself. We had the IT manager suddenly quit and I have taken over. I also have not worked mucg with Exchange so I am having to learn on the job until the replacement arrives.

having said that I need to get inbound mail coming in again.

OH ... BTW, the mailboxes that were receiving inbound are now NOT. they all have the same error 553. Internal email between users are fine.

NOTHING ELSE HAS CHANGED.

How would I check which Exchange is receiving the emails? My NAT is directed to Exchange 2003's internal IP address. I have tried changing it to the Exchange 2010 but I get the same Error 553.

Thanks.

Montag, 19. März 2012 23:59
  • Are you sure that your existing mbx's moved to 2010 are still working?

Run the inbound tests - https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ to see if yoyur MX records are set correctly.

Sukh

Montag, 19. März 2012 23:59
  • They were (after the move), but now they are NOT.
    Dienstag, 20. März 2012 00:08
  • Check your MX records config,

Sukh

Dienstag, 20. März 2012 00:09
  • MX records show our external IP. Firewall w/ NAt's it to the Internal Exchange IP address and I have changed it to both (the old exch 2003 and the new Exch 2010).

I sent an email from a gmail account and looked at the quest on Exchange 2003 but I don't see any flow. Is there anotherway to check QUEUES. the forewall NAt right now is set to Exchange 2003's internal IP address.

BTW ... I do see the Exchange2003-Exchange2010 connector

Dienstag, 20. März 2012 00:53
  • So if you send an email to a mbx on 2003 does it work?

Sukh

Dienstag, 20. März 2012 21:07
  • hi,

How about your issue now, any update?

thanks,

CastinLu

TechNet Community Support

Donnerstag, 22. März 2012 02:18
  • I to am having same issue.  When sending to some users in domain (new users not old ones) I receive this error message back :

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 mailbox  XXXXX@abc.org is restricted (Mode: normal) (state 14).

Is this a possable lic issue?  (cl)?

Also noticed critical error, number of users is 81 on standard (limit users and computers 75)  Could this be the issue?

2nd Peter 1:3-10 continuing to grow

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012 12:46
  • do you have some sort of email filtering solution or MTA in between?

Looks like you might have to check your configurations there.

• Bearbeitet Halo-NEXT Mittwoch, 18. April 2012 13:12
    Mittwoch, 18. April 2012 12:53