locked
Unspecified error when from Exchange 2003 server

    Question

  • In one of my schools we had a problem in accessing the webmail. When we try to access https://schoname.com/exchange it comes back with Unspecified error.

     

    Solution for this problem is:

     

     
    I have followed all the steps and after that, I have found the problem. which was this
     
    If ExchangeApplicationPool is in each Application pool list, this issue may be caused by an incorrect Identity setting for the ExchangeApplicationPool property. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    1. In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Application Pools.
    2. Right-click ExchangeApplicationPool, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the Identity tab, and then in the Select a security account for this application pool list, click Local System.
    4. Click Apply, and then click OK.

    In our exchange server it was as Network Services. I changed it to Local System and now our owa is working fine.

     

    Thanks

    Friday, November 21, 2008 2:40 PM

Answers

  • Hi,

     

    Thanks for your sharing. Your devoted time on this issue is appreciated. I believe anyone who encounter this issue can get help from this postSmile

     

    Allen

    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:12 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

     

    Thanks for your sharing. Your devoted time on this issue is appreciated. I believe anyone who encounter this issue can get help from this postSmile

     

    Allen

    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:12 AM
  • If  ExchangeApplicationPool   is in each  Application pool   list, this issue may be caused by an incorrect  Identity   setting for the  ExchangeApplicationPool   property. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    1. In  Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager , expand  Application Pools .
    2. Right-click  ExchangeApplicationPool , and then click  Properties .
    3. Click the  Identity   tab, and then in the  Select a security account for this application pool   list, click  Local System .
    4. Click  Apply , and then click  OK .

    In our exchange server it was as Network Services. I changed it to Local System and now our owa is working fine.

     

    This solution worked for me just fine. I had this  "Unspecified error" every time I open OWA.

     

    Thanks very much

    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:19 PM