Sync error every time I send an email RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I'm having the following problem:

Everytime I send an email via outlook 2010 (incl. SP1) the following sync error shows up every time:

Synchronizer Version 14.0.6109
    Synchronizing Mailbox '...'
    Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Drafts'
    Uploading to server '...'
    Synchronization of some deletions failed.
                [0-130]
                1 item(s) deleted in online folder
    Done

The email got send out but everytime the sync error shows up after some seconds.

This also happens when I emty the recycle bin; the message is the same but then the folder is 'recycle bin'.

I've tried to connect without cache mode (so directly online) and then it doesn't happen.

Also I've tried removing all the .ost files, creating the whole cache files again but it still happens.

I've to seperate computers and they both have the same error.

My email server setup is Exchange 2010 incl. SP2 with hosting switch.

Does anybody have any suggestion about this matter?

Kind regards,

Robert

Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hello Robert ,

Sync Issues folder for Outlook 2010 contains warnings such as "Synchronization of some deletions failed"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606009

Please refer this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchange2010/thread/8d40910d-277f-4995-9707-36029969a03e/ 

Thanks 

Jagadeesh

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Jagadeesh Devaraj Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by R.0.B.3.R.D Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:31 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Hi Jagadeesh,

I allready saw the article on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606009 but there is no solution and the article is from November 21, 2011.

It's not happening randomly, its happening every time I send an email or remove emails from trash.

On the other link you sended there is also not a solution.

Is there a way do diagnose the problem more?

Regards,

Robert

Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:31 PM
  • The problem is getting bigger, is i received 2 emails and deleted them, i got the same error as always. As i logged in into the OWA the 2 emails in the INBOX still remains in the inbox and are not deleted... :(

Saturday, March 17, 2012 1:51 PM

• Thanks for your information. If I have any misunderstanding , please correct me 

As per my understanding there are 2 concerns here

A. there could be any sort of network Issue at  the time of sync. Basically there will be some time between the deletion and upgdation of folders in the server,at the time of sync if the network issues are up we may possibly get this issues.

B. Could be a corrupt file.

We can try this troubleshoot steps. 
    1. Close Outlook.
    2. Go to START/RUN and enter  "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\"
    3. In the folder that comes up, locate and either delete or rename the appropriate .OST file.  This is the locally cached mailbox.
    4. Restart Outlook and let the local cache rebuild itself.  If you have a large mailbox, this may take a while.
    5. See if the sync behavior repeats itself.

Thanks 

Jagadeesh

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Jagadeesh Devaraj Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:01 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by R.0.B.3.R.D Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:06 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Hi Jagadeesh,

I've tried that allready as stated in my first message:

"Also I've tried removing all the .ost files, creating the whole cache files again but it still happens."

Regards,

Robert

Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hi Robert,

Sync Logs are generated when the item is already moved / deleted or Exchange cannot complete the requests. When Outlook gets any of these two return values from Exchange, it generates a log. These logs are just for informative purposes and can be safely ignored. These logs are only generated when Outlook is running in the Cached Exchange Mode. In-order to avoid any such logs you can have Outlook running in the Online Mode.

The Exchange team is aware of this issue and are planning to fix in the next version of Exchange.

If needed you can open a Ticket with Exchange Professional Support and we will take a look at the logs.

Related Articles:
           Synchronization error folders: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/synchronization-error-folders-HP001040042.aspx
           Sync Issues folder for Outlook 2010: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606009/en-us

Best Regards,

Syed Fayaz [MSFT]
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:44 AM
  • I've just gone through the support process with Microsoft regarding this issue.

I'd be interested to learn what "in the next version of Exchange" means.

Does this mean in the next fix rollup for Exchange 2010, in the next service pack for Exchange 2010, or in Exchange 2013 ???

I want to upgrade my users from Outlook 2007 to 2010 and from Exchange 2007 to 2010 ... but can't until this fix is in place ... and if its going to be in Exchange 2013 and not Exchange 2010 that will cause me problems.

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:42 PM
  • ...Does this mean in the next fix rollup for Exchange 2010, in the next service pack for Exchange 2010, or in Exchange 2013 ???...

I went to The Experts' Conference this past May and asked one of the Exchange product managers about this.  He wasn't familiar with the issue and asked that I e-mail him the link to the long thread here on TehcNet (the one you posted a reply on around 12:27a EDT). 

After a few days he replied and said that the fix is scheduled first for E15 and a "backport" will be scheduled for 2010.  He also said that this issue and the potential fix are now on his radar, but we all know that getting Exchange 2013 finished is top-priority at the moment. 

I'm still surprised that this is considered an Exchange problem, honestly, as it only seems to happen when using the most-current Outlook with the most-current Exchange.  If it was an Exchange problem I'd think it would happen with additional versions of Outlook...but then again, if it were an Outlook problem, I guess using Outlook 2010 with an older Exchange would do the same thing, huh?   

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 12:36 PM
  • You are correct regarding the Exchange/Outlook boundary, to a point anyway.  But yes, I have tested with Outlook 2010 and 2007 with Exchange 2010 and the problem only occurs in Outlook 2010 as best I can see.  (edit: I do not have the infrastructure available to be able to test Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2007; I will leave that up to Microsoft to work out!)

I don't really care whether its perceived as a problem with Outlook 2010 or as a problem with Exchange 2010; all I know is this: when I use the latest Outlook with the latest Exchange, things don't work right.  Both apps are Microsoft's.  So either way, its up to them to fix it.  If the 'fix' is a patch for either, or for both, it doesn't matter; I am happy either way.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:57 PM
  • I have this same issue with a hosted Exchange 2010 using Outlook 2010.  However I use Outlook 2010 with Office365 which is also Exchange 2010 and I don't have the issue.

Ron

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:23 PM
  • Ron, with Outlook 2010 and Office365, are you running Outlook 2010 in Cached Mode or just purely interactively?
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:04 PM
  • We do have 2500 users and we are experiencing this issue at the moment...

We have a case open with Microsoft Premiere but we'd like to have an ETA on the fix for Exchange 2010.

Friday, February 8, 2013 3:49 PM
  • did u get any further Response than http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606009?wa=wsignin1.0 ?

It is a bit frustrating cant realy do anything, an official Workaround isn`t there...the Problem exists until 2010(!)

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 11:56 AM
  • Well, here we are again.  Its now about 12 months since I investigated this issue, opened a ticket, got the "yes, we know its a problem, we are planning a fix" response ... but ... nothing is fixed yet.

So upgrades to Exchange, new Office software for our >100 users ... all on hold ... I'm refusing to spend another cent on Microsoft software until this is fixed.

• Edited by 0499FROSTY Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:12 AM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:04 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue with outlook 2013 on Windows 8 connected to O365. 

Very annoying.

Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:51 AM
  • This issue (and reference to this thread) is being discussed over at the Microsoft Exchange Team blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/11/13/exchange-server-the-road-ahead.aspx

MSFTs current position is that the issue is not Critical and therefore likely not to be fixed, though they are prepared to reconsider that position.  I'm trying to change their mind.  Fingers crossed.

Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:15 PM
  • Latest set of patches released ... nothing to fix this bug ... sigh.
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:24 PM
  • So another update rollup has come and gone ... and still nothing to fix this bug.

I think maybe its time for our organisation to consider ditching Exchange altogether and maybe go open source.

www.openchange.org might be a suitable candidate to investigate.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:23 AM
  • In case you haven't already seen it, there is a desktop Hotfix for this problem:  Look for the 2878323 Hotfix on Microsoft's support site.
    • Proposed as answer by 0499FROSTY Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:01 PM
    Monday, December 29, 2014 6:31 PM
  • Thanks for the tip! I did a few searches; there is a corresponding support article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2606009 which apparently applies to Outlook 2010 which is what I am using. I will give it a try ASAP and post back soon with the results. If indeed this is fixed, this removes my only objection to upgrading my users to a newer Office/Exchange combination.
    Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:02 AM
  • The problem does seem to be fixed after applying the Hotfix to my Outlook 2010 install.

THANK YOU !

Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:03 PM