none
Exporting SMTP address linked to a particular distribution list...

Question

• Hey guys,

How do I export all the SMTP addresses that are linked to one particular distribution list? Let’s say my domain is called corp.pigstrotters.com and the distribution list is called "Pigs Feat" and resides within OU corp.pigstrotters.com/UK/Resources/Distribution Lists/Pigs Feat. I know I'll need to use LDIF but this is completely foreign to me.  Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and provides assistance.

Kind regards.

M Tipler

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:17 PM

Answers

• Martina - the command you shared with me created a CSV containing a list of the SMTP addresses for all of the group members. I need a list of the SMTP addresses for the distribution list itself rather than the members.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

M Tipler

Aha, that wasn't clear to me in your first post.

Try this instead:

(Get-DistributionGroup "Group Name").EmailAddresses | select smtpaddress | Export-Csv DLsmtp.csv -NoTypeInformation

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Mattyt123321 Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:24 AM

All replies

• HI,
    If you want a csv-file with the primarySmtpAddreess members is the group have, this will give you that information:

Get-DistributionGroupMember "Group Name" | Select PrimarySmtpAddress | Export-Csv C:\SomeName.csv -NoTypeInformation

Martina Miskovic

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:37 PM
  • Powershell will do it - is this what you're looking for?

Get-DistributionGroupMember -identity “groupname” | ft name, primarysmtpaddress |Export-CSV c:\filepath.csv

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Thanks for the responses guys.

Candeev - that didn't work unfortunately... it created a CSV full of random characters.

Martina - the command you shared with me created a CSV containing a list of the SMTP addresses for all of the group members. I need a list of the SMTP addresses for the distribution list itself rather than the members.

M Tipler

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:20 AM
  • Martina - the command you shared with me created a CSV containing a list of the SMTP addresses for all of the group members. I need a list of the SMTP addresses for the distribution list itself rather than the members.

M Tipler

Aha, that wasn't clear to me in your first post.

Try this instead:

(Get-DistributionGroup "Group Name").EmailAddresses | select smtpaddress | Export-Csv DLsmtp.csv -NoTypeInformation

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by Mattyt123321 Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:48 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:24 AM
  • Martina - you are an absolute star! :) Thank you very much!!!!!!

M Tipler

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:48 AM