none
problems querying address book in Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello...

I have a problem when i was querying the address book. The infrastructure is:

- 2 cas/hub/MBX server Exchange 2010 SP3

- Hardware Load Balance

The problem appear when i open the address book and change to the see another addresses lists (more than 20 addresses lists). Sometimes (not always) that address list is slow to show the results; and sometimes is more slow and the outlook show the warning (next to the clock):

- "Microsoft Outlook

Outlook is trying to recover data from Exchange Server nameserver.dominio.loc"

and next the address book show this error:

- "The Operation has failed"

We discarded problems with the hardware load balance to point the computer client to the CAS (modifying the host file); but the problem persist.

Next we downloaded the address book (with uncheck "download changes since last send/receive" option); and the proccess finished without errors. We checked the oab files (in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books\GUIDfolder) and the files show the the date same to the download the address book.
    What another thing can i to do to troubleshooting the address book problem?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Javier Uribe

Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:16 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Please make sure the issue occurs on a user or all users.

If a user has the issue, I recommend you check if the issue occurs when you use outlook online mode.

Please check if there is any sync error in sync issue folder.

If all user has the same issue, I recommend you run EXBPA against your exchange server health check.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cara chen Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:11 AM
    Friday, July 12, 2013 7:51 AM