Monitoring Event Log RRS feed

• Question

• This has perhaps already been asked and answered so please excuse me if this is a repeat. I want to creae an event log monitor that alerts each time the event occurs. There is no healthy reset event. Currently the monitor I have is on a 30 minute timer befoer it resets to a healthy state. However if the event occurs again within that time it will not alert. Is there a way I can modify the monitor, or create a different kind of event log monitor that will alert every time the event occurs?

Paul Arbogast
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi there.  You may create a rule to do this and unless you setup some sort of alert suppression, it will generate an alert everytime the event occurs.  Most of the time when there is no corresponding healthy event id, I like to use rules instead of monitors.
    Layne, 2011 Microsoft Community Contributor Recipient
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 8, 2011 7:10 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi there.  You may create a rule to do this and unless you setup some sort of alert suppression, it will generate an alert everytime the event occurs.  Most of the time when there is no corresponding healthy event id, I like to use rules instead of monitors.
    Layne, 2011 Microsoft Community Contributor Recipient
    • Proposed as answer by Marc Klaver Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 8, 2011 7:10 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 2:46 PM
  • Thanks yes, I just discovered that, makes me wonder why the Simple Event ID detection monitor doesnt work the same way.
    Paul Arbogast
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:18 PM