none
Win10Pro clients cannot connect to win2012r2 share RRS feed

• Question

• All my Win10Pro 1903 clients cannot connect to some of my windows2012r2 (hyper-v) server shares. They looses connection simultaneously to all shares on some of my 5 servers, all in the same domain and with the same dns-setup on nic.

Connection from Win7 still works fine.

Have tried all I can think of: Deactivated FW, antivirus, restarted servers and clients. The shares usually get reachable again after a couple of hours. Same problem when trying to connect to servershare using server-ip instead of server-name.

Had the same problem earlier this year (win 1803), but it stabilized over summer. Reappeared recently, obviously causing productivity-issues within the firm.

Help appreciated :-)

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Same problem when trying to connect to servershare using server-ip instead of server-name.

Is there any error in the event viewer?

>>All my Win10Pro 1903 clients cannot connect to some of my windows2012r2 (hyper-v) server shares.

Please ping windows2012r2 and check if it successfully?

Please check if the SMBv1 protocol is enabled in Windows 10, use the following command:

Get-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online –FeatureName SMB1Protocol

If SMBv1 is disabled, please enable it and check if the problem is solved.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:49 AM
  • Hi Ellen - thanks for your reply and suggestions.

There are no related entries in the clients eventviewer when the problem occurs.

The windows popup error is "0x80070035".

Ping servername and ping ip-address works fine.

SMBv1 is Enabled on client.

The shares are accessible from win7-clients, but not win10-clients.

However, when I changed the ip-address on one of the problem-servers, I managed to get access to the share with \\servername\sharename, but not to \\server-new-ip\sharename

I changed back to the old ip-address, and no access to neither \\servername nor \\server-ip.

Still - help most appreciated :-)

Monday, November 11, 2019 1:01 PM
  • Hi,

>>The windows popup error is "0x80070035".

To fix error code 0x80070035, refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/the-network-path-was-not-found-0x80070035-windows-10

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Thursday, November 28, 2019 6:40 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will propose it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

Best regards,

Ellen

Monday, December 2, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for your reply and all of the suggestions.

We are currently testing, and we'll provide an utdate to this post when done :-)

Monday, December 2, 2019 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Was your issue resolved?

Best regards,

Ellen

Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:32 AM