none
Problems Creating A DaG for One of My Database Help !! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I would really appreciate some help.  This is really frustrating me.  I can create dags fine with different databases, but one paticular database from the main default store keeps giving me this error every time I try to update or create a database copy.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
    Elapsed time: 00:00:19

MDVESTA01_7301
    Failed

Error:
    A server-side seed operation has failed. Error: An error occurred while performing the seed operation, which may indicate a problem with the source disk. Error: An error occurred while attempting to access remote resources. Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server 'VESTA'. Error: Database 'ee04b026-afec-4520-a0e8-479d4e6bdfdf' was not active on source server 'VESTA'. [Database: MDVESTA01_7301, Server: MAIA.cablebahamas.com]

An error occurred while attempting to access remote resources. Error: An error occurred while processing a request on server 'VESTA'. Error: Database 'ee04b026-afec-4520-a0e8-479d4e6bdfdf' was not active on source server 'VESTA'.

Database 'ee04b026-afec-4520-a0e8-479d4e6bdfdf' was not active on source server 'VESTA'.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
    Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity 'MDVESTA01_7301' -MailboxServer 'MAIA' -ActivationPreference '2'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:19"

Any assistance will help.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Moss
    Friday, July 29, 2011 9:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Andrew

I suggest you to create a new Mailbox Database, then add a DatabaseCopy and move the Mailboxes from that Database to the new Mailboxdatabase.

Regards Andres

-- MCSE 2003 MCSA 2003 Messaging MCITP: Enterprise Administrator MCTS: Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Exchange Server 2007 Configuration MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 VCP - VMWare Certified Professional
    • Proposed as answer by Andres Bohren Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:57 AM
    Friday, July 29, 2011 10:22 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to dismount the database on the primary node and ran a chkdsk /r on the volume on the secondary node that contained the log files. Then, please try to reseed again.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 7:03 AM