none
Update cost rate table for enterprise resources - but to apply to new projects only RRS feed

• Question

• My company has updated the hourly rate for our resources from the beginning of the year. However, they should only apply to new projects, as existing projects need to be billed at the rate which was agreed with the customer before the rate increase. Therefore, they have implemented the new rates in cost rate table D - and it falls to the PM to remember to change the rate table to D for each resource task in the plan. Obviously, it gets forgotten or missed quite often.

Is there a way to update the Project Server enterprise cost table so that the default rate for all enterprise resources is the new '2020' rate BUT for this to only apply to newly created projects? I.e. projects that have already been created to not have their resource costs increased? We are using Project Server 2013 on-prem. Thanks.

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:03 PM

All replies

• Andy --

Sorry, but there is no way to force new projects to automatically use Cost Rate Table D rates for project team members, but keep the Cost Rate Table A rates for existing projects.  This is a training and performance issue.  I would recommend you teach your PMs to do the following in each new project they create:

1. Apply the Resource Usage view.
    2. Insert the Cost Rate Table column.
    3. Select Cost Rate Table D for the first resource, and then copy this value to every other resource in the project team.
    4. Save and publish the latest changes to the project.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 1:20 AM