none
Issue dowloading attachments in OWA, with a correct preview it dowloads corrupted

Question

• Hi

My Exchange is 2010 sp3 RU10

I am having rather odd issue with some PDF attachment in OWA 2010, in the OWA preview you can see correctly. When I download the attachment (size shown in OWA about 230KB), the downloaded file size is only 1KB, IE, Chrome, Firefox, same result. I can download the same file using Outlook 2010 without any issue.

Could someone help me?

thanks in advance.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:40 PM

All replies

• Have you tried disabling antivirus?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

Does this issue affect all of the users or all of the users? What’s the file type after you’ve downloaded the attachments? Still .pdf format?

Which mailbox policy the problematic uses are using?

Run the command: (Get-OwaMailboxPolicy). AllowedFileTypes to check if the .pdf type is included or not.

If not we need to add it with the command as following:

Get-OwaMailboxPolicy | Set-OwaMailboxPolicy -AllowedFileTypes @{Add="<value1>","<value2>"..}

Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -allowedFileTypes @{add=".pdf"}

We also need to check if the user has been already assigned the right OwaMailboxPolicy ( if you’ve several policies) with the following command:

Get-casmailbox username | fl *policy*

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Here you have the policy, I checked it before write you, it´s fine, but here you have, Antivirus can´t be, if it works fine in Outlook 2010 and 2013 for sure antivirus isn´t the problem. At this momento it only happen to one user, but it happen to me if I enter by OWA with full access right through my mailbox as his mailbox was a sharemailbox.

Get-OwaMailboxPolicy

ForceWebReadyDocumentViewingFirstOnPublicComputers  : False
    ForceWebReadyDocumentViewingFirstOnPrivateComputers : False
    ActionForUnknownFileAndMIMETypes                    : ForceSave
    WebReadyFileTypes                                   : {.xlsx, .pptx, .docx, .xls, .rtf, .ppt, .pps, .pdf, .dot, .doc}
    WebReadyMimeTypes                                   : {application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation, application/vnd.ope
                                                          nxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocu
                                                          ment.spreadsheetml.sheet, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/x-mspowerpoint, applicatio
                                                          n/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-msexcel, application/msword, application/pdf}
    WebReadyDocumentViewingForAllSupportedTypes         : True
    WebReadyDocumentViewingSupportedMimeTypes           : {application/msword, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/x-msexcel, application/vnd.ms-powerp
                                                          oint, application/x-mspowerpoint, application/pdf, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocumen
                                                          t.wordprocessingml.document, application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet,
                                                           application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation}
    WebReadyDocumentViewingSupportedFileTypes           : {.doc, .dot, .rtf, .xls, .ppt, .pps, .pdf, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx}
    AllowedFileTypes                                    : {.rpmsg, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .tiff, .pptx, .pptm, .ppsx, .ppsm, .docx, .docm, .zip, .xls, .wmv
                                                          , .wma, .wav...}
    AllowedMimeTypes                                    : {image/jpeg, image/png, image/gif, image/bmp}
    ForceSaveFileTypes                                  : {.vsmacros, .ps2xml, .ps1xml, .mshxml, .gadget, .psc2, .psc1, .aspx, .wsh, .wsf, .wsc, .vsw, .v
                                                          st, .vss, .vbs, .vbe...}
    ForceSaveMimeTypes                                  : {Application/x-shockwave-flash, Application/octet-stream, Application/futuresplash, Application
                                                          /x-director}
    BlockedFileTypes                                    : {.vsmacros, .msh2xml, .msh1xml, .ps2xml, .ps1xml, .mshxml, .gadget, .mhtml, .psc2, .psc1, .msh2
                                                          , .msh1, .aspx, .xml, .wsh, .wsf...}
    BlockedMimeTypes                                    : {application/x-javascript, application/javascript, application/msaccess, x-internet-signup, tex
                                                          t/javascript, application/xml, application/prg, application/hta, text/scriplet, text/xml}
    PhoneticSupportEnabled                              : False
    DefaultTheme                                        :

tell me if there´s something wrong.

Thanks

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:10 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

Does this issue affect all of the emails with the PDF attachments? Does it affect both internal and external messages?

Please try to disconnect this mailbox and re-connect and check the result.

You can also new-mailboxrepairrequest for this mailbox.

If it still doesn't work, it's recommended to update the Exchange to the latest version and check the result.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:41 AM