none
Unable to create DAG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I get the following error when trying to create a DAG, I've created  a witness share and made the exchange trusted subsystem part of the local admin group, i've even added on this (group) as full control on the security permissions tab.

RTTGMBX01
    Completed

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
    Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -MailboxServer 'RTTGMBX01' -Identity 'DAG1'

Elapsed Time: 00:01:02

RTTGMBX02
    Failed

Error:
    Unable to change the quorum for database availability group DAG1. Witness server '\\tfgfc1fs.thefuelgroup.com\DAG1.thefuelgroup.com' network name wasn't found. This may be due to firewall settings.
    Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.1.218.11&t=exchgf1&e=ms.exch.err.Ex4C671D

Warning:
    The operation wasn't successful because an error was encountered. You may find more details in log file "C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\DagTasks\dagtask_2011-06-06_17-15-46.305_add-databaseavailabiltygroupserver.log".

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
    Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -MailboxServer 'RTTGMBX02' -Identity 'DAG1'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:13

Any Ideas

Thanks

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Turn Off the Windows Fire Wall, If its OFF than Turn ON than try.
    Post the result.

Is there any third party firewall you are using? 

Gulab | MCITP: Exchange 2010-2007 | Skype: Gulab.Mallah | Blog: www.ExchangeRanger.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 6:47 AM
  • I re-created the witness share and this seemed to fix the issue
    • Marked as answer by RTTAdmin Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:42 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

Glad that you solve the issue :)

And I have found that we need to do the same actions again in some situations.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 1, 2011 6:31 AM