none
diskspace events Exchange 2013 CU2v2 (1006) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We recently configured several Exchange 2013 CU2v2 servers, and receive this event constantly :

source : MSExchangeDiagnostics
    eventid : 1006

The performance counter '\\servername\LogicalDisk(HarddiskVolume1)\Free Megabytes' sustained a value of '107,00', for the '15' minute(s) interval starting at '7/08/2013 8:11:00'. Additional information: None. Trigger Name:DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger. Instance:harddiskvolume1

The performance counter '\\servername\LogicalDisk(D:)\Free Megabytes' sustained a value of '9 052,00', for the '15' minute(s) interval starting at '7/08/2013 8:11:00'. Additional information: None. Trigger Name:DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger. Instance:d:

Actually there's no diskspace problem on these servers, and I don't get where it get this value.

The performance counter '\\servername\LogicalDisk(C:)\Free Megabytes' sustained a value of '7 002,00', for the '15' minute(s) interval starting at '7/08/2013 8:11:00'. Additional information: None. Trigger Name:DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger. 
    Instance:c:

Is there a place where I find the default settings, and lower the tresholds a little?
    I don't want to ignore the events in the monitoring, since the counter itself is quite important.
    The 2 last ones seem to be correct, but I also don't get where it gets the first one from.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I recommend you refer to the Orbdot's suggestion to disable the databasedrivespacetrigger under comments in the following blog to check the result.

Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 2

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/07/09/released-exchange-server-2013-rtm-cumulative-update-2.aspx

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by cara chen Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:28 AM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Hey Cara,

Thanks for the reply!
    Is it safe to disable it completely? It looks like quite a lot of ppl experience this problem.
    It also seems to report on the recovery partition, and stops mailflow in some cases.
    Do you know if it will be fixed in a next cu or update?
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:54 AM
  • Hello,

At present, we only refer to the technet article and some blogs. There are no articles to introduce CU3. So we need to wait CU3 to test the issue.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 9, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Ok, tnx Cara!
    I hope it'll be fixed in the next update.
    Tuesday, August 27, 2013 9:47 AM
  • I can confirm this issue is NOT fixed in CU3.
    Friday, December 6, 2013 9:30 PM
  • I agree. Also having this problem.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 8:02 AM
  • Thanks, this worked for me.

This issue was stopping mail flow as well but this seems to have fixed it.

Robin

Robin Wilson

Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:18 PM
  • I can confirm this issue is NOT fixed in CU4.
    Friday, May 9, 2014 8:38 AM
  • I confirm: Issue not fixed in SP1
    Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Not fixed in CU5 either :(
    Sunday, June 22, 2014 3:31 PM
  • Hello,

I understand disabling this monitor is the resolution to stop these events.  However can this change be made via the Add-GlobalMonitoringOverride cmdlet?

If so what would it be?  I to am on SP1 and seeing this event.  I have multiple mailbox server and would rather not make the change to each of them.

Thanks for any information...

Thursday, June 26, 2014 6:43 PM
  • From MS Support - 9/24/2014

For event 1006:

This event could occur when the disk space is not enough on the associated drive. And in Exchange 2013 CU2 or later, this issue is a known issue which have not been published yet. Please be rest assured that our Develop/Test Team are trying their best to test and investigate the issue, they would find out an explanation or solution for this issue. Once we have come up with an explanation or solution, I will inform you the result as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meanwhile, you can ignore the warnings or you can disable them. To disable them:

1. Open an administrative notepad.

2. Open C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin\Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.Service.exe.config.

3. Change the key "Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.Service.ExchangeJobs.Triggers.DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger" from "True" to "False".

4. Restart the MSExchangeDiagnostics service.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:43 PM