none
Mail delivery delay Outlook + Exchange 2010

Question

•  

I didn't change any settings but suddenly Outlook users are receiving emails with several hours delay.  If they disconnect from Exchange and reconnect, their delayed emails are received into Outlook.

Any suggestions on where I start looking to track this problem down?

Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

• Hi JohnSLG,

This error may be caused by administrator profile corrupted, you can created a new user and gave user permissions(the same permission as administrator), then use new created user logon and try to open the EMC.

Thanks,

Evan

• Marked as answer by JohnSLG Monday, October 10, 2011 3:15 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:56 AM

All replies

• Can you please provide the version of Exchange and Outlook. Please answer the follow as it will help us troubleshoot and resolve the problem that you are having.

Are you hosting the emails or using pop3?

Is it applying to everyone or several users?

If you send a test email, is the email set to delay deilvery?

Is the issue apply to internal or external emails or both?

Thursday, October 06, 2011 11:51 PM
  • Exchange 2010
    Outlook 2007 and 2010
    POP3
    All users
    email NOT set to delay delivery
    both external and internal

I recently demoted a domain controller.  I didn't notice but now whenever I open a window in Exchange Management I get an error message:
    "An error caused a change in the currewnt set of domain controllers.  It was running the command 'Get-UMDialPlan.'
    Would this be part of my problem?

I was told when I demoted the old server, Exchange would automatically account for that.
    Error refering to demoted server:
    (PID 12708, Thread 5) Task Get-UMDialPlan writing error when processing record of index 0. Error: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityDirectoryException: An Active Directory error 0x51 occurred when trying to check the suitability of server 'llcserver1.llc.local'. Error: 'Active directory response: The LDAP server is unavailable.' ---> System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapException: The LDAP server is unavailable.
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.Connect()
    at System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection.BindHelper(NetworkCredential newCredential, Boolean needSetCredential)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.CreateConnectionAndBind(String fqdn, Int32 portNumber, NetworkCredential credential)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.CreateConnectionAndBind(String fqdn, Int32 portNumber, NetworkCredential credential)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.SuitabilityVerifier.IsServerSuitable(String fqdn, Boolean isGlobalCatalog, NetworkCredential credential, String& writableNC, LocalizedString& errorMessage)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolManager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, NetworkCredential networkCredential, String serverName, Int32 port)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetConnection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId& rootId, ADScope scope)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetReadConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId, ADRawEntry scopeDeteriminingObject)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericReader.GetNextResultCollection(Type controlType, DirectoryControl& responseControl)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADPagedReader`1.GetNextResultCollection()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.GetNextPage()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADGenericPagedReader`1.<GetEnumerator>d__4.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.WriteResult[T](IEnumerable`1 dataObjects)

at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.GetTaskBase`1.InternalProcessRecord()

Various other warnings:
    Process Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe (PID=3964). Configuration object CN=SMTP (LLC3-{88120695-204E-4ABE-A753-BF5C7A3EC5A4}),CN=Connections,CN=LLC,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=LLC,DC=LOCAL read from Server1.LLC.LOCAL failed validation and will be excluded from the result set. Set event logging level for Validation category to Expert to get additional events about each failure.

Reconcilation of catalog for database Mailbox Database 1166977053 revealed that 1 mailboxes had to be reconciled. An attempt was made to re-index items missing in the catalog. The next line shows order of fields appearing in the following reconcile results.
    [Mailbox GUID][Initial state][Reconciled item count][End state][First ten items...last ten items]
    [4ad67693-7e6d-499c-9cc9-63cfa000a413][Done][1][Done][617694,...]
    • Edited by JohnSLG Friday, October 07, 2011 12:23 PM
    Friday, October 07, 2011 11:16 AM
  • demoted domain controller error message:

(PID 12708, Thread 54) Task Get-ExchangeServer throwing terminating exception at stage Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientException: An error caused a change in the current set of domain controllers.. Exception: {b39502c6-1157-47dc-8753-8cf238cda9a2}

I found this thread and tried the suggestion but errored out when I tried to Browse for the DC:

When do you receive the error event, launch the EMC/EMS?

Please right-click the “Organization Configuration” (EMC) and choose “Configuration Domain Controller”, select “Specify a Domain controller” and chose the domain and DC

I've already created a new mmc profile.

• Edited by JohnSLG Friday, October 07, 2011 1:05 PM
    Friday, October 07, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Hi JohnSLG,

This error may be caused by administrator profile corrupted, you can created a new user and gave user permissions(the same permission as administrator), then use new created user logon and try to open the EMC.

Thanks,

Evan

• Marked as answer by JohnSLG Monday, October 10, 2011 3:15 PM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:56 AM
  • I was able to open the EMC and set database....now only certain users are getting delayed email delivery.

No more errors in Event Viewer.  Warnings:

Reconcilation of catalog for database Mailbox Database 1166977053 revealed that 1 mailboxes had to be reconciled. An attempt was made to re-index items missing in the catalog. The next line shows order of fields appearing in the following reconcile results.

[Mailbox GUID][Initial state][Reconciled item count][End state][First ten items...last ten items]

[4ad67693-7e6d-499c-9cc9-63cfa000a413][Done][2][Done][618966,618964,...]

Process Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe (PID=3964). Configuration object CN=SMTP (LLCSERVER3-{B075CDB1-E83D-457A-9D3A-B39E5D9E04B2}),CN=Connections,CN=LLC,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=LLC,DC=LOCAL read from Server1.LLC.LOCAL failed validation and will be excluded from the result set. Set event logging level for Validation category to Expert to get additional events about each failure.

Monday, October 10, 2011 12:39 PM